No announcement yet.

August 1944: Turkmen killed three partisans in Rimini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the excellent thread, I was at that square last year and this added historical reference is awesome.

Comment

Yes, and excellent thread.

The photo of them the day before capture, then hanging is chilling to say the least.

Comment

thanks 12thPanzer!

thanks SSPolizei from Ontario! The 48 Higlanders of Canada Regiment were the first Allied Units to cross the river Marecchia (the river of Rimini) on the ancient Roman bridge of Tiberius (14 AD), the only brige of Rimini spared by the Germans pioniers and the Allied Bombing.....

Comment

Perhaps everyone not knows that Rimini has been the town over 30,000 inhabitants most bombed of Italy .... from 1st settember 1943 for 91 days suffered nearly 400 bombardamente (exactly 396) that completely destroyed 50%of buildings and severely damaged the remaining 80% .... and then in September 1944 during the battle around Rimini were fired 1.4 million artillery shells (land and naval)......

Piazza (square) Giulio Cesare (today Piazza Tre Martiri) under the bombs..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to every forum member and yours families form Rimini!!!

Comment

21th september 1944 : 69 yeras ago today:

the ceremony in memory of the liberation of Rimini (Montecieco, the place of the tragic attack of the Queens Bays against the cannons of Kampfgruppe of Colonel Stollbrock)
              Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting.

But, the very first photo is a pre war shot certainly not 1944.

The soldiers uniforms are pre war (note collars, full length boots, lack of awards) and the officer wears the Sam Browne belt which was discontinued in 1939.

I hope this comment doesn't detract from a great thread.

Regards,
                Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
                  Very interesting.

But, the very first photo is a pre war shot certainly not 1944.

The soldiers uniforms are pre war (note collars, full length boots, lack of awards) and the officer wears the Sam Browne belt which was discontinued in 1939.

I hope this comment doesn't detract from a great thread.

Regards,
                  Chris.
                  many thanks for your clarification Chris .... I thought the pictures (also because of the similarity of the building) was related to the period of the certificate that is August 1944 ... another photo of this Leutnant of 162 Div. (Turk) in Rad uniform....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice and interesting Threads with good Information i have a collection of a officer in a Turkmenen unit.

Cheers tommy

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                      Nice and interesting Threads with good Information i have a collection of a officer in a Turkmenen unit.

Cheers tommy
                      Tommy very very interesting (I've seen quite a few!)
                      ciao Oriano

Comment

and yersterday the 70th anniversary ...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

the night between 20 and 21 September 1944, the war ended in Rimini .... The 19/20 september the Canadians broke the front in the Rimini hill in San Fortunato (3-4 kilometers from the city) and German paratroopers for not be surrounded , the blasted the corner palaces, the bridges over the river and they retreat behind the Marecchia ....

the honor of entering for first in Rimini is up to the Greek soldiers, to wash the shame of the Italian flag on the Parthenon, and especially for strengthening the troops after the mutinies in Egypt (after Rimini the Greeks return home to fight against the communist partisans with the British soldiers) accompanied by the New Zaeland Sherman......

in memory of the soldiers who fought in Rimini their cap badge and their pictures on 21 September in Rimini

(for the German soldiers I open immediatelly another topic, with a beautiful story of the 20-21 September in "Fallschmirjager Forum) .....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X