Heer Officer With DK, EK1, IAB,WB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Officer With DK, EK1, IAB,WB

Which branch of the army did he serve in.

Peter
    Attached Files

The combination of IAB and non-white Waffenfarbe suggests something like Jäger or recon, but it will be very difficult, if not impossible, to determine without further clues. Anything written on the back?

Jason

Comment

Or Panzergrenadier

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlau View Post
        Or Panzergrenadier
        A panzergrenadier would wear a Panzer Assault Badge in Bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
          A panzergrenadier would wear a Panzer Assault Badge in Bronze.
          Yes, but some infanterie units changed into Panzergrenadier units.
          And he could have been transferred to any unit.
          I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
          Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
          My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Great photo Peter. Unfortunately it highlights the shortcomings of black and white photography....

Bryant

Comment

Looks like the next step would have been an RK, I wonder if he was ever awarded one? Nice photo, and yes a pity its not colour.

Comment

Not recon, recon would have GAB not ISA.

I will go with infantry redesigned as panzergren in 43/44.

Comment

or he could have been transferred from the infantry\GJ to something else.
                  Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

jager imo. Panzer gren units were mostly formed from motorised infantry divisions which were awarded the bronze IAB, but anything is possible. Jacques

Comment

Heer Officer With DK EKI IAB WB

Thank you to all that replied , looking at the dark waffenfarbe my first thoughts were Pioneer. However he does not wear a GAB badge, the back of the photo is blank so no help there.

We need a ww2 intelligence officer, to find the answer.

Best wishes to everyone.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by krim4142 View Post
                        Thank you to all that replied , looking at the dark waffenfarbe my first thoughts were Pioneer.
                        The Waffenfarbe is nowhere near dark enough for pioneer's black. Look at the outside stripes of his EK2 ribbon – which are black – and compare to his piping.

It's a great photo. Shame he will probably never be identified, a fate met by many holders of the DKiG.

Jason

Comment

I'd go along with Jäger, could even be from the 1 Skijäger division, they didn't wear a sleeve insignia and there were plenty of officers of the right rank that got the DKiG in that unit.
                          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X