BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Award doc. KVK 2nd Class NJG (Nachtjagdgeschwader)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Award doc. KVK 2nd Class NJG (Nachtjagdgeschwader)

I just wanted to share my latest find. This award doc was found with the KVK in a leather wallet in an old house. There was a hiding place on the attic of this house, where a bag with straw and other things had been found.
    Also this little pistol was hidden in this place.
    Maybe the soldier lived in this place for some time to hide before the enemy.

My uncle found those things as he worked in this old house and gave them to me.
    I think it is very interesting because of the unit and because of the story arround this find. I wonder how many nice things are still hidden in old houses
    Attached Files

backside (you can see the KVK casting on the documents back):
    Attached Files

Comment

Closer look to the document (signature of KC-holder Max Ibel):

Max Ibel
      Attached Files

Comment

Sven -

Nice finds! As you know, there's tons of stuff still to be found here in Germany. As people buy the old houses and renovate them, these items will be turning up for probably the next 20 or 30 years....I only wish it was easier to hear about them, and purchase them from those who don't know what they are worth!

Hank
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Or get to them before they're thrown out with the rubbish!

Same sort of situation here in Norway. I think just about every barn and old house has something 'German' tucked away in it, mostly things that could be used by people post-war. crockery, cutlery, binos, jerrycans, all sorts.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
          X