Ritterkreuz and plane/unit identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritterkreuz and plane/unit identification

I bought a big Luftwaffe soldbuch grouping, in the grouping are also 321 pictures, including some nice Ritterkreuz photo´s.
    I got to much to post all of them here right now.

Below are 3 photo´s of the same serie (total of 8), i would like some help identifying the RTK wearers and maybe the unit.
    Attached Files
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

Third:
    Attached Files
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.

Comment

Hmmm... "plane accidentally lands in the 16th century".

Say, in the first picture is that an Me-108, with the side by side seating? I didn't think there were all too many of those in military service.

Comment

Viktor Bauer EL and Eberhard v. Boremski RK. III/JG 3 "Udet"

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Thanks Ian, that fits perfectly!

Viktor Bauer and Eberhard von Boremskiwas were both in Jagdgruppe Ost (later EJG 1).
          The soldier of my soldbuch grouping was also in these units.

Randy, specially for you i´ll post another photo of the serie
          Attached Files

Comment

In the background is a covered Fw 190, but I believe the plane in the foreground is indeed a Messerschmitt Bf 108 Taifun. During the war they were used for liaison and personnel transport... so these photos might have been a 'welcoming party' for an arriving officer who came in the Taifun.
            The short guy with the Ritterkreuz in the leather flying jacket is the one who looks like he just arrived.

for comparison:

Comment

Randy, thanks for your help!
              Good observation, as i know nothing about planes i just thought it was a normal fighter plane

You are right, here are 2 more photo´s of the serie.
              In the first you see him getting out of the plane, like you said.
              In the seccond you see him getting flowers, a nice welcome!
              Also, i marked the guy (H.J. Reinke) of my soldbuch grouping with an arrow.

Photo´s:
              Attached Files

Comment

Cute window curtains on the plane! Maybe it was commandeered by the Luftwaffe from civilian use.

The "period photo", the first one that I shared, has the same kind of window curtains.

Comment

What kind of happy ceremony is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael1 View Post
                    What kind of happy ceremony is this?
                    I got no idea.. maybe someone else knows?

Comment

Maybe some kind of change of command welcome ceremony for their new 'boss' ?

Comment

By the way, is this the same ritterkreuz guy as above (Viktor Bauer)?
                        And who is the high ranking officer? (also wearing an ritterkreuz).

Photo´s:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Last two pic I'd say Generaloberst Alfred KELLER and Waldemar Teige.

Lado

Comment

@ Lado

Congrats, Lado. You are definitely right. Oberfeldwebel Waldemar Teige receives the KC on June, 7th, 1942 in Korowje Sselo, SU from General der Flieger Alfred Keller. I have pictures from exactly this ceremony im my collection as well... BTW - Victor Bauer hold the rank of Oberleutnant when he was awarded with the KC.

Regards

Schuddie

Comment

KELLER - that's it! I knew I'd seen that face before. I think I have a studio postcard of him somewhere.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X