Luftwaffe Ritterkreuz-Träger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe Ritterkreuz-Träger

I would really like to identify this Luftwaffe(pilot?).
    If you can help,don't be shy!
    (not much to go on I'm aware)
    Neil

Edit: sorry,I've just realised I've put this in the wrong forum.
    Last edited by Hunziker; 08-10-2004, 02:14 PM. Reason: Because I'm stoopid

Hello

I would say this is Karl Henze. Here is info about him :

HENZE KARL
    DoB : 20/01/1916
    DoD : 15/09/1985
    Last rank : MAJOR
    LAst unit : S.G. 151
    EK1 : 28/05/1940
    DKiG : 13/01/1942 as Oblt. in 1/St.G. 77
    RK : 15/07/1942 (507th) as Oblt. in 1/St.G. 77 (awarded for 430 flights)
    EL : 20/05/1944 (481st) as Major I/S.G. 77 (awarded for 1,000 flights)

REgards
    Denis

Comment

Thanks very much Denis-that's really great information
      -if you don't mind though,where did you source your information?

I have three other photographs that accompany the one above(Thanks to Dave),and hope to build a display around the photos so would like to get as much information as possible.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Hunziker
        -if you don't mind though,where did you source your information?
        Neil
        Hello Neil

Do you mean the biographical info ?
        If so, this a "digest" of several postwar sources : Obermaier's books dealing with RKT from Schlachtgeschwaders, Biblio's books covering Oakleaves holders and so on.
        If you want to see a (not exhaustive) list of books about that matter, pay a visit to the Research Tools section in that very same website where you will find a subsection devoted to books about our hobby.
        I hope I have responded to your question. Don't hesitate if I was not enough clear.
        Regards
        Denis

Comment

Originally posted by Denis
          Hello Neil

Do you mean the biographical info ?
          If so, this a "digest" of several postwar sources : Obermaier's books dealing with RKT from Schlachtgeschwaders, Biblio's books covering Oakleaves holders and so on.
          If you want to see a (not exhaustive) list of books about that matter, pay a visit to the Research Tools section in that very same website where you will find a subsection devoted to books about our hobby.
          I hope I have responded to your question. Don't hesitate if I was not enough clear.
          Regards
          Denis
          Your answer is fine Denis-thanks for your time-I'm really pleased to be able to put a name to this man.

Neil

Comment

Your photo...

finis
            Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Did I say they were original?
              They were given to me by a friend and it makes not the slightest difference to me whether they are copies or not.

My aims remain the same.
              If you have anything to add to the information Denis has provided,please do so.

Thankyouverymuch,
              Neil

Comment

Your reply...

finis
                Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Another assumption...

I don't think I actually need to read your post again.

Neither am I disappointed,as you suggest in your original post,nor did I wish to hear something else about the photograph's authenticity which you also suggest.It matters not a jot-I'll say it for the second and final time.

Oh and I'm glad it doesn't concern you whether I care if my photograph is original or not-I'll sleep so much better knowing this.

Once again,thankyouverymuch,

Neil

Comment

So much for giving peace a chance...

finis
                    Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:34 AM.

Comment

My father may have something to say on that matter.

Or does the fact you choose to quote John Lennon make the comment any less of what it is?
                      An insult,however veiled,is still an insult and completely unnecessary,even in the context of a thread that has become antagonistic in nature.
                      If you are not up to verbal jousting then the answer is simple-just stop posting in the thread.

If you feel you simply must get the last word in then I suggest that you try to do so without resorting to an attempt to provoke open hostility.

What you posted was low-very low.
                      Last edited by Hunziker; 08-17-2004, 06:27 PM.

Comment

This is going nowhere. Stop now.

Comment

Verbal jousting...?!!

finis
                          Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Hello Neil (Hunziker), Hello Dave (seekwhence),

I hope you don't mind taking this thread as an example of an unintended conflict. If you do, I do apologize. Just let me know, I will erase this message.

In message #6 Dave wrote:
                            Sorry to disappoint you but your photo is a copy. I have the same exact image plus many more from the same grouping. Apparently, whoever has the original negatives has been making copies on period photo paper.
                            Quite a number of the photos were published in "Stuka Squadron" by Peter C. Smith.
                            The first paragraph is not directly answering Neil's query, but still I considered it to be a good contribution. The second one of course is important, because it suggests another possible source of information.

Sometimes those who posted the initial question is only interested in direct answers. Usually we should appreciate (sometimes quite unexpected) evolution of topics, but not everybody is ready to listen to an unexpected evolutions.

Dave, I think you did not too bad when you wrote "sorry to disappoint you but...", but in my opinion being a copy is a secondary matter. If you wrote the second paragraph (book information) first, maybe Neil could have responded differently...

In message #7 Neil wrote:
                            Did I say they were original?
                            They were given to me by a friend and it makes not the slightest difference to me whether they are copies or not.

My aims remain the same.
                            If you have anything to add to the information Denis has provided,please do so.

Thankyouverymuch,
                            Neil, I hate to say it but "Did I say they were original" was not a good start (the rest is ok). If this was not present, Dave could have responded in a different way. Now I can understand your feelings from your detailed letter, but of course, if Dave wrote #6 differently, your response could have been different.

I am not blaming either one of you. I just wanted to show that a small crack can cause two good intentions to break apart.

Everyone, please, think twice before you post (ok - I have to follow this advise myself). Imagine the possible effect of your statement on readers, thank you.

I would say this forum has been doing quite well in mutual respect, and I hope it will remain the same.

Thank you for reading,

Best wishes to everyone. It's time to go back to the hobby talk.

Comment

Apology...

finis
                              Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X