Thoughts on movie prop paperwok Inglorius Bastards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on movie prop paperwok Inglorius Bastards

I was just curious as to what people thought about collecting this type of stuff. I've never bothered to look for this kind of memorabilia but I loved the movie so much and the charachter of Hans Landa that when the opportunity came to purchase the documents he was using in the opening seen of the movie with the French Farmer, I said what the heck.

Does anyone else collect these types of items...I guess it would be German War Movie props?

Anyway....enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8367454...7630798167668/

I like it! Even if it hasn't got any adler eagle stamps or signatures its still nice to see sometime else from the movie. I picked up a uniform from as well:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=525713

Comment

!!

AH thats great!!! What a good catch!!! When they were having the auction that I participated in, I think the best item that was being offered was "hero" privates tunic. I cannot for the life of me remember his charachter name, but the sniper soldier that apparently killed all the americans from the bell tower and who followed the french girl movie house owner to death. It ended up selling for $5,000.

I thought I was lucky to get what I got. So do you display your tunic or what have you done with it? I'm not sure what to do with this paper? I might frame it but no clue yet.

Ray

Comment

Ha ha it's still in the USPS box it came in. I bought it when I was still in Australia and I was going to out it in my "war" room but I was transferred out to Hong Kong into a tiny apartment.
        What I was going to do was blow up a big photo of the scene this tunic was in and frame it beside the tunic on a mannequin - thus kinda gives it some context

Comment

@@

Thats a great idea!
          May I ask how much you paid for the tunic?

Comment

$550 worth every penny!

Comment

"Does anyone else collect these types of items...I guess it would be German War Movie props?"

Dear friends,

Indeed a fascinating subject! For those fortunate enough to have seen it, my all-time favorite movie of the TR genre is the 1944 Paramount film, "The Hitler Gang." To me, the two finest efforts to capture the NSDAP experience on film were "The Hitler Gang" -- which begins with Hitler in the Pasewalk Hospital suffering from gas blindness in November of 1918 and ends just as WWII is heating up; and the other is "Downfall" -- and I'm sure most of us have seen this one. The effort put into bringing "The Hitler Gang" to the screen must have been enormous for the period...filmed during WWII...and the results in terms of accuracy of dress, staging, and the understanding of the period is simply unbelievable, even today! (When I am reminded of the recent film, "Valkyrie," and the scene when Stauffenberg visits the Berghof and meets with Hitler and his closest associates in the Great Hall of that unique villa, I am still amazed that even now, with CGI and all of the other wonders of modern technology, they couldn't duplicate that one room accurately!!)

I have collected memorabilia from "The Hitler Gang" for many years and probably have one of the largest collections of original press photos, lobby display photos and other PR material, plus autographs of some of the major actors, and the original uniform tunic made for Martin Kosleck for his role as 'Goebbels.' Truly a fascinating film!

Br. James

Comment

I had a K98 rifle from Saving Private Ryan. It really looked good but made of rubber. A lot of that stuff sold at the KC Militaria show including Ted Danson's uniform and I believe one of the Tom Hanks helmets. I traded it off (wish I hadn't -- I believe I got $100 for it) and the guy who picked it up uses it on display with a German heer set up.

Comment

AT BR JAMES ---

Wow! Yes, both of those fims are incredible for obvious reasons as you stated but the accuracy of what really happened and how especially in Downfall was a testament to the produces of the film.

I had never given any thought to collecitng this type of movie prop material, but I just love Hans Landa's charachter in Inglorius Bastards that when the opportunity came up to buy the paperwork he was using in the opening scenes of the movie, I jumped at it. It was auction style and I think I paid $95?

I'm gonna keep my eye out a bit more for these items. As I think I stated before I just framed the paper and have a photo that I made of the scene where he is sweating the Frenchman out in his home about the Jews under the floor boards, so it looks lkind of nice on display?

I dunno, what do you guys think?

Ray

Comment

The entire The Hitler Gang movie is on youtube (in 9 parts). I watched it over the weekend.

Produced in 1944, it obviously missed some things about the early days that weren't publicly known until later, but it's still good. Hitler is played as pretty neurotic and paranoid- traits that the movie attributes to his being gassed in the first world war.
                    The film outright claims that Himmler talked Hitler into murdering Geli Raubal... something that I'm not sure has been backed up in historical research.

Comment

I have many props from films but only two from WWII films.....I have a Gold Wound Badge from the scene in which soldiers were awarded them in the hospital, in "Valkyrie", and a US grenade from "Saving Private Ryan"......

I like the stories behind movie props and it's fun to collect pieces of films that I've enjoyed.
                      I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Tom

Here's a Tom Cruise doc from Valkyrie
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice soldbuch! I've seen the faked one on eBay nice to see the real thing

Comment

It's not a Soldbuch, but a Reisepass. And it seems to have a red J stamped inside it, indicating he's jewish?

Comment

Check it out :
                              Prop generals uniform for $500
                              http://www.propstore.com/product-Dis...l-s-Jacket.htm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X