4 Generals in Norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Generals in Norway

I 've got 40 photos of a Norway fighter, most (18 x 13) back-sided marked with " Kriegsberichter Alfons Engelmann".

Who knows the names of these four generals, especially No. 4, who is wearing following badges:

- Panzerkampfabzeichen der Legion Condor
    - Reitersportabzeichen.
    - Verwundetenabzeichen 1.Form durchbrochen
    - EK1 mit Wiederholungsspange 1939
    - EK2-Bändchen ebenfalls mit Wiederholungsspange 1939.

I think:

1. Generaloberst der Infanterie Nikolaus von Falkenhorst
    2. General der Luftwaffe Josef Kammhuber
    3. General der Gebirgstruppe Valentin Feuerstein
    4. ????

Thanks and best regards, DD

a picture would help
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Harmjanz IMHO. These were my answers at Sammlergemeinschaft-deutscherauszeichnungen. No need to doubt Horn at all. if anything, Simon would be the person that could help answer why he was wearing the Panzerkampfabzeichen der Legion Condor

Cheers
      Elwyn
      Last edited by Elwyn; 07-26-2012, 06:45 AM.

Comment

As the poster asked i'm taking the liberty of posting a pic for him. Elwyn is quite right 2 is Willi Harmjanz
        Attached Files
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I have a whole series of color slides showing the exact same pass and review event in Oslo. Here is one of them. If anyone wants to see more, let me know. Other images show the individual generals on the podium as well as panzers and other vehicles in parade.

seekwhence

Comment

I would love to see more

Perhaps we can id more people.

Cheers
            Elwyn

Comment

As requested, here are some more color images of the Oslo pass and review parade.

seekwhence

Comment

incredible set of color slides
                congradulations on finding such an amazing piece of photographic history Dave.

Ian :-)

Comment

Originally posted by i.spring View Post
                  incredible set of color slides
                  congradulations on finding such an amazing piece of photographic history Dave.

Ian :-)

Comment

Thanks for sharing those awesome color photos.

Comment

Hi,
                      Thank you!
                      But Who are the admiral and the SS officer with Valentin Feuerstein?

Best

Comment

Adm was Ciliax. SS gen had very high cheekbones. Would suggest SS OGruf Wilhelm Rediess.

Second of the set of three shows v Falkenhorst (not Feurstein) smiling and shaking hands with Horn -- you can just see the general red stripes on his left leg

Awesome, Seekwhence

Cheers
                        Elwyn

Comment

Great colour photos, they or at least copies of them really should be with the Norwegian archives.

The parade must date to the spring of 43, the unit on parade can only be the 25 Pz.Div. which at that time still included some French tanks.

I wonder what Max Horn's role was here as his 214 Inf.Div. was based down in southwest Norway.

Comment

I can confirm the SS General is Rediess.
                            Max.

Comment

Thanks for the interest guys. What Simon said about the presence of French tanks with the 25 Pz.Div, is absolutely correct. Here is another image from the same event showing what appears to be a Hotchkiss H35 following 2 SOMUA S35's.

seekwhence

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X