Himmler's BD card to Streicher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Himmler's BD card to Streicher

All.... bought a lot of paper from a CIC vet's family member and in it was this card of Himmler's with a birthday wish to Julius Streicher. Thought it was interesting enough to share......

Myky
    Attached Files

Interesting that even Himmler could spend a moment in remembering someone's birthday at this time, as his world was collapsing around him! Is there anything about this card that connects it to Streicher other than attribution? Quite a unique artifact!

Br. James

Comment

Himmler's BD card

Thanks for the reply....... I've checked all of the big wig's BD's and this is the closest one I could come up with. Does anyone have a closer date ?

Myky
      Attached Files

Comment

It can't be Streicher as it was sent over a week after the event and that would not happen with Himmler. He was extremely precise about correct form, dates, etc. You should be looking for someone who had a 60th birthday on or immediately just after 21 February 1945. Himmler sent birthday greetings to a great number of people, men and women, via his staff. It could be anyone. In any case, Himmler was not on good terms with Streicher by then as Streicher had been ostracised by the vast majority of the Third Reich leadership. Although the Red Army had advanced far into the German occupied territory by February 1945 and the war was clearly lost, the bureaucacy of the Third Reich churned on surprisingly without much hinderance.
        Max.

Comment

I've quickly reviewed the the birthday column in the last SS-DAL published, which included the most senior ranks as of 9/11/1944 -- SS-Oberst-Gruppenführer through SS-Standartenführer -- but to no avail. Max is right, of course: without a direct attribution, this card could have been intended for anyone with a birthday of 21/2/1885, including the Political Leadership, government, military or the SA or any of the other still-extant organizations. A true needle in a haystack!

Br. James

Comment

Himmler's BD card

Thanks ! Great advise....... I'll keep looking. I hope it's someone history has a record of........

God bless........... Myky

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X