Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Sepp Dietrich Postcards by Hoffmann

Hello,

I have just bought these two Sepp Dietrich - Hoffmann postcards, they both look original to me but i would still like to hear your opinions!?

Thank you
    Ado
    Attached Files

Early one, used!

Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Both are good period postcards.

Ramon

Comment

Both of yours look good.

I have a similar 368; it has the caption in upper case (and S.S. instead of SS runes)... but I hear that there's a 368 with the caption showing his rank as Obergruppenführer.
        Does anybody have that one, and wouldn't mind sharing a scan of it?
        Last edited by randy@treadways; 07-04-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Ado,

I've always been fascinated by the idiosyncratic audacity displayed by Sepp Dietrich in wearing that cap eagle in the Das Heer-style instead of the traditional SS eagle design! It speaks volumes about Dietrich's sense of individuality plus his security in single-handedly making changes to the SS uniform code! I've always wondered whether Himmler -- who would have been the only person with sufficient SS rank to challenge Dietrich -- ever took him aside and bawled him out for not wearing the proper cap eagle?! But we know that Himmler also understood the limits placed upon his own position by Hitler, and when Hitler approved of a person, he became almost untouchable even by Himmler.

Br. James

Comment

Ramon and Randy
            Thank you guys

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              Hi Ado,

I've always been fascinated by the idiosyncratic audacity displayed by Sepp Dietrich in wearing that cap eagle in the Das Heer-style instead of the traditional SS eagle design! It speaks volumes about Dietrich's sense of individuality plus his security in single-handedly making changes to the SS uniform code! I've always wondered whether Himmler -- who would have been the only person with sufficient SS rank to challenge Dietrich -- ever took him aside and bawled him out for not wearing the proper cap eagle?! But we know that Himmler also understood the limits placed upon his own position by Hitler, and when Hitler approved of a person, he became almost untouchable even by Himmler.

Br. James

Hello James,

I have to agree with you about the Wehrmacht eagle on the visor!

Bruno Gesche falls in the same category, Himmler did complain to Hitler about these both individuals but they are both early fighters so Hitler did give them privileges.
              A lot of Wehrmacht Generals did not have much respect for Dietrich but his men that he was leading did like him and that is what counts!
              Last edited by addo; 07-05-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X