X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is this SS Officer?

Hello
    A positive ID needed, please
    It is actually written on the back - Hans-Joachim??
    Thanks in advance,
    Michael
    Attached Files

May be " Hans-Joachim Woiten or Woith "

Gerdan

Comment

I found a SS-Obersturmbannführer (Sept 1944) with the name Hans-Joachim Woith. He awarded with the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold:

http://www.ww2awards.com/person/14103

Gerdan

Comment

If he would be Hans-Joachim Woith I found some more information on him with a lot of details:

http://soldaten.balsi.de/index.php?action=show&id=4133

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks, Gerdan
          Looks like it's him!

Comment

Joaquim Woith

Hello, I saw the pictures. Where did you get them?
            I know someone who is related to him, and I would like to know if you have more info about him.

Thank You!

Comment

He became Mühlenkamp's friend during their time in lazarett in winter 1941.
              The photo is dedicated to Mühlenkamp and comes from his personal archive

Comment

Hans-Joachim Woith, GC on September 23, 1944, as Obersturmbannführer and commander of SS-Panzer Regiment 9 of the 9.SS-Panzer Division "Hohenstaufen. Graduated from 1st cadet class at SS-Führerschule Braunschweig (1935 class), promoted Obersturmbannführer November 9, 1943, Killed June 30, 1944.

Have pics of him but can't lay my hands on them at the moment. My 3 desks are totally covered with "Wiking" material.

Comment

Hans Joaquim Woit

A few months ago I read a post in this forum about Joaquim Woit,

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=605375

As I wrote a few months ago, I know someone related to him, in fact his son is my father-in-law. As you may understand there are a few blanks in this story we would like to fill with information. I know he died near Caen, and I read a few things about this battle, but I'm new to this stuff and I don't really know where to get proper information about those days.
                  Also I'm very interested in his whereabouts during the months of march/june 1942 (when my father-in-law was born).
                  I understand this forum is not an "information service" but I'm a little lost about where to ask for this kind of information and I really appreciate any tip about this matter.
                  Thank you in advance for your time

Comment

Ss

It mentions the highly decorated Hannes Muehlenkamp.
                    Harmel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X