Rommel signed Afrika armband doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rommel signed Afrika armband doc

This doc was mentioned by member 'sniperb4' and he sent me images to post.

It is or was for sale on the following site along with a bunch of other poor fakes but i thought it would be interesting to post this Afrika doc,

http://www.garysmilitarycollectibles...s.asp?Cat=1825

What i found amusing about this doc was that it's possible to see what source of information the faker used to create it thanks to an error in that source.

In Bender's 'Uniforma, organization and history of the Afrikakorps' there's a list of some of the staff officers of panzerarmee Afrika on page 35, here a Major i G Josef Zolling is listed as Ic (enemy intelligence).

That's all well and good, except that for some reason the authors made a mistake, Zolling's first name was in fact Ernst, he spent almost a year serving in africa, from dec. 41 to nov.42, he was promoted oberstleutnant effective 1.1.43 and ended up an oberst by the end of the war. His military service is listed in biblio verlag books on the service records of the officers of the general staff.

Zolling is also mentioned in other books

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=M...olling&f=false

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=d...olling&f=false
    Attached Files
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

yep

nice work simon! certainly a piece of crap...

others have commented on it too, as it has been doing the rounds on ebay...
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=rommel

the ebay seller states:
    "I stand by ALL of my Military Collectibles..."

well, he must be spending a lot of time standing next to a rubbish bin, then, which is where this 'document' is best kept...

Comment

Gary is a thief & a liar

I am guilty as charged. I bought this piece of junk for $220.00 on fleabay- from Gary! I thought the signature was an auto-pen. After examining it with a glass I was 100 % confident it was not an ORIGINAL signature, as the seller, Gary, stated. I am going to take him up on his "lifetime guarantee" and return it to him. Because fleabay took away the ability for us buyers to communicate with other buyers on a specific item a few years ago I will not be able to warn any future suckers that this item is crap! How very nice of fleabay to do this! It makes me think they are really only in it for the money, and all their grand claims that they protect the buyer is just bullship! (yes I know how to spell ) They threw me off for a month because I tried to sell a ANTI-NAZI item (just because it had a Swastika on it) and yet they send me illegal stuff ALL THE TIME trying to entice me into buying it. go figure! Thanks for the heads up Simon!

Comment

Originally posted by sniperb4 View Post
        I am guilty as charged. I bought this piece of junk for $220.00 on fleabay- from Gary! I thought the signature was an auto-pen. After examining it with a glass I was 100 % confident it was not an ORIGINAL signature, as the seller, Gary, stated. I am going to take him up on his "lifetime guarantee" and return it to him. Because fleabay took away the ability for us buyers to communicate with other buyers on a specific item a few years ago I will not be able to warn any future suckers that this item is crap! How very nice of fleabay to do this! It makes me think they are really only in it for the money, and all their grand claims that they protect the buyer is just bullship! (yes I know how to spell ) They threw me off for a month because I tried to sell a ANTI-NAZI item (just because it had a Swastika on it) and yet they send me illegal stuff ALL THE TIME trying to entice me into buying it. go figure! Thanks for the heads up Simon!
        I didn't like it either when eBay took away the ability to identify (or contact) other bidders (or ultimately even the final buyer!). I liked being able to see when an opposing bidder was a friend, so we wouldn't bid up the price on each other 3 times higher than it needed to be.... my friends and I share info & photos later anyway.
        But I think eBay was getting a huge number of complaints about privacy. Almost all the big auction houses allow 'anonymous bids' or 'phone bids', and eBay was hearing that that's what people wanted on eBay too.
        I also heard that there were also some things going on between buyers that wasn't quite kosher- that would NEVER happen in a real auction, and they wanted to cut that out. Cooperative Shill bids to force a 3rd bidder up real high... that kind of stuff.
        I still wish I could see when my friends are bidding so I'd know to take a pass. I have to contact them off-line to ask them 'are you bidding on this?'

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X