Attached Files

Comment

n05
        Attached Files

Comment

no3
          Attached Files

Comment

mh i don't like the first 3 Photos. In my opion repro.

Comment

All are repro IMO.

Al

Comment

#3 is fine
                the rest are repros.

Comment

I agree, 1,2,4 & 5 look bad, 3 appears ok.

Comment

Thanks for your response. Then I had another question. What is a nice Prize for photo no3? If I put him on E stand

Comment

Not sure

Hi Roy, I don´t understand WHY all the others can say that these are repros. Just cecause the one was developed with an Agfa Brovira t doesn´t mean that the other ones are repros. I would say, they are not and that they are authentic. As to the prices, meanwhile the German dealer sell price for an SS photo is from 25.00 Euro up to 70.00 Euro.

Comment

Originally posted by Weweslburg View Post
                        Hi Roy, I don´t understand WHY all the others can say that these are repros. Just cecause the one was developed with an Agfa Brovira t doesn´t mean that the other ones are repros. I would say, they are not and that they are authentic. As to the prices, meanwhile the German dealer sell price for an SS photo is from 25.00 Euro up to 70.00 Euro.
                        You can think what you want, but photos will not become original because of this. All photos except #3 are repros/fakes/crap. If you are an experienced photo collector - you will not discuss this sh*t, but if you are not experienced photo collector...

Rostyslav.

Comment

UPD

Just for clear understanding:

- I don't see Agfa-Brovira markings
                          - I see Agfa marking on the photo #4 (with Peiper)
                          - Agfa alone = after 1945 made photo paper
                          - just look at the contrast of these photos
                          - there was a thread with the similar fakes on the WAF before, if you want - you find it

P.S. I found it by myself: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=557416

Rostyslav.
                          Last edited by Andrew Harris; 06-26-2012, 04:39 PM.

Comment

To noticed the first one as a repo/fake only by the image itself.

To me #1 is muddy a sure sign of a picture of a picture.

Well what is muddy mean??

Well basically

1) it is not out of focus but it lacks sharpness
                            2) there is no blur from movement but still not sharp
                            3) the contrast is the same from edge to edge

Place this pic next to one made of a neg and you will see what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Harris View Post
                              You can think what you want, but photos will not become original because of this. All photos except #3 are repros/fakes/crap. If you are an experienced photo collector - you will not discuss this sh*t, but if you are not experienced photo collector...

Rostyslav.

As said above, the photos are reproductions with the exception of No. 3 - that is a nice original WWII photo. The price range is 10-20 EUR.

Rostyslav, I know that you are not a native English speaker. However, you should tone down the belligerent style that you use to reply to the messages here. Collectors use this forum to learn. They have their opinions and concerns... If you know better, educate them and persuade them - NOT belittle them!!

I remember when you joined! You did not know much at all about WWII photos and materials. Yet, other members treated you with respect! It is your turn now to do the same!!

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X