Rommel Signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rommel Signature

<!--StartFragment -->Is this a original Rommel signature?
    Attached Files

I would say not and not a particularly good fake either.

Colin

Comment

Sorry...but this is a Fake and a poor one at that

Rommel always connected the "O" in a double loop fashion and the rest of the signature present just looks like a series of ups and downs. I've seen authentic Rommel sigs that even though were signed in haste, they were still clearly identifiable as his own. This sig you have here clearly is someone sitting and signing this document and it wasnt Rommel. Sorry

Comment

Rommel's signatures taken from Hamilton and Stewart's book.
        Attached Files

Comment

sig

Agree with Colin and Matthew... certainly enough doubt to not want to own it

Comment

Rommel

Bekora, it is unfortunately a fake.

Comment

Rommel signature

Looks good was a certified signature from superior auction house in california

Comment

nope

JACK S, then I would suggest the auction house doesn't know what it is on about. not unusual for some large signature houses selling consigments. I think most people on here would agree that CoA's mean very little. which signature house is it? does it specialize in militaria?
                Last edited by Jeremy; 06-25-2012, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Yes, this is an absolute fake.

Comment

found

I discovered who sold it JACK S... it's just a general historical auction house in the US with a small militaria selection and I would suggest limited expertise. It sold for $470 in 2008... I guess they didn't know any better.

Comment

Rommel signature

I want to thank all who participated in this discussion, and everyone that assists in this forum. You don't know how much you're appreciated and you don't get enough credit for the help and time you give us. Thanks Again

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X