Who signed this SS document????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who signed this SS document????

Hello guys, is someone recognize the name of the brigadeführer, who signed this document?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

I'd like to see it in close-up, but I have some seroius doubts that it's a genuine document. It just doesn't look right and the signature is unknown to me and does not resemble anyone with the corresponding rank. The text is set too high on the page and is slightly out of alignment with the stationery heading. I also don't like the capital "DER REICHSFÜHRER-SS." Not very professionally produced. Maybe a better image would confirm it?
    Max.

Comment

Just noticed there is also a year difference in the dates.
      I'm pretty sure it's a fake.
      Max.

Comment

The signatory's name looks to me to be that of Fritz Tittmann who, according to the DAL of 9.11.44, had held the rank of SS-Brigadeführer since 1940 and was serving on the RFSS' personal staff. I thought this might be of interest to the discussion.

Br. James

Comment

I made some additional pictures from the paper Front & backside.
          Tittmann makes sense with the handsign,

More information is appreciated.

Cheers,
          Attached Files

Comment

backside
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              The signatory's name looks to me to be that of Fritz Tittmann who, according to the DAL of 9.11.44, had held the rank of SS-Brigadeführer since 1940 and was serving on the RFSS' personal staff. I thought this might be of interest to the discussion.

Br. James
              I did consider Tittmann, but that's not Tittmann's signature. Also, the German grammar is wrong. "I.A." should be "i.A." ....im Auftrag (on behalf of). I'll stick with my initial opinion.
              Max.

Comment

I'm sure you're right, Max. I simply checked the relevant DAL for an SS-Brigadeführer with a name beginning with "T" and that is as close as I could come. If his signature doesn't favorably compare, then so much for my guess!

Br. James

Comment

I think you've misunderstood the SS-DAL. Tittmann was b. Stab RFSS, but this does not mean he was on the Personal Staff of Himmler. It was a form of SS Reserve to which SS officers were attached who did not have specific active duties. Tittmann was under strict supervision of the Reichsführer-SS from September 1944 following his personal use of SS personnel for private purposes. He was also simultaneously attached to a SS-Abschnitt in Italy. He had nothing to do with Waffen-SS personnel rankings and deployment.
                  Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                    I did consider Tittmann, but that's not Tittmann's signature. Also, the German grammar is wrong. "I.A." should be "i.A." ....im Auftrag (on behalf of). I'll stick with my initial opinion.
                    Max.
                    While on the subject of grammar and abbreviations, it should be "ehem. rumänische Oberleutnant", not "ehm. Rumänische Oberleutnant".

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
                      While on the subject of grammar and abbreviations, it should be "ehem. rumänische Oberleutnant", not "ehm. Rumänische Oberleutnant".

Jason
                      Thank you Jason. I think that confirms it as a fake.
                      Max.

Comment

Hello guys,

Thanks for your help, I will pass on this one.

Cheers,

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X