WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Totenkopf Photo Lot - nice surprise!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o
    Attached Files

Comment

p
      Attached Files

Comment

q
        Attached Files

Comment

last ones
          Attached Files

Comment

Very well enjoyed. Thank you for sharing.

-Ray-

Comment

Lovey grouping.

Comment

Nice photo's but what's the strange looking VW Beetle thing? assume it's a Beetle with a diffferent bonnet/hood or are alll early ones like this?

Comment

It might be a Tatra.

Comment

Very interesting selection of shots. The guy with the EK I was a well decorated NCO

Comment

Originally posted by merdock View Post
                      Nice photo's but what's the strange looking VW Beetle thing? assume it's a Beetle with a diffferent bonnet/hood or are alll early ones like this?
                      Clearly not a Beetle. You have to remember that the modified aerodynamic body style of the beetle was quite similar too, but smaller than other popular MODERN autos of the time. Take away the radiator front for a water cooled engine and the similarity to a 1940s ford is quite striking. In the 70s there was even a fibreglass hood kit that you could buy in the US that made aVW Beetle look like a 1940 Ford.

The car in the photo looks a lot LIKE a 1940 Ford, But I am not familiar with the many different European manufacturers, or the American models that were perhaps changed for the export market. I suspect that it is some other European manufacturer.

Tatras look a lot like what people IMAGINE an "old" VW to look like. Similarly, on a trip to Europe in 1964 I saw a Citreon 2CV for the first time and was certain that I was seeing one of the oldest and rarest VW Beetles ever. (althouogh it looked brand new.) Then I noticed there were a couple hundred others in the same block, intermingled with some worn and older looking VWs with oval rear windows and funny semiphore turn signals...

Comment

Originally posted by GEB View Post
                        Clearly not a Beetle. The car in the photo looks a lot LIKE a 1940 Ford, But I am not familiar with the many different European manufacturers, or the American models that were perhaps changed for the export market. I suspect that it is some other European manufacturer.
                        Almost!

A member of the German MFF has it identified:

http://www.google.de/imgres?hl=de&sa...9,r:3,s:0,i:80

Regards

Comment

Thanks for your nice postings so far.

While having a closer look on the photos I asked myself:
                          • what kind of vehicle is shown in picture "a"
                          • what the heck is the soldier "riding" in picture "k"

I also would like to know what might be the +- value of the photo lot as it definitely will leave me. I don't remember exactly but it must have been part of a document group I bought once.
                          I know that this kind of question isn't much appreciated at this forum but I've never been collecting photos and don't want to give it away for peanuts.

Regards

Comment

As nobody can tell me a +- value I'll put them on the E-Stand to trade them for something LSSAH / SS TK related.

Regards

Comment

Good news:

I was able to discover two very close license plate numbers at the "AHF" SS license plate database. Both belonged to "SS Totenkopf Artillerie Regiment 3" of "3. SS-Panzer-Division Totenkopf".
                              So it is assumed that my photo grouping also is of "3. SS Pz Div. TK".

Knowing that now I'm very happy that they didn't sell at the E-Stand!

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X