No announcement yet.

Show us your German POW photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 1973 I worked with a fellow who had be taken prisoner in Africa and was a guest in the US until the war ended. He still wore a ring he got in Africa and mentioned to me one day that at Christmas (year not mentioned, but likely '43) they received new uniforms from Germany and their correct rank insignia. Of course he didn't have anything left from that.

Comment

GREAT photos !!!!!! Thank you for posting these ! Tom

Comment

Did he mention how or by what means they came from Germany.. i.e. through Mail, Diplomatic, Rec Cross sources?

Originally posted by pauke View Post
        In 1973 I worked with a fellow who had be taken prisoner in Africa and was a guest in the US until the war ended. He still wore a ring he got in Africa and mentioned to me one day that at Christmas (year not mentioned, but likely '43) they received new uniforms from Germany and their correct rank insignia. Of course he didn't have anything left from that.

Comment

Feb 20 - 01 POW Portrait taken at Camp Atterbury, Edinburgh, Indiana 16.8.1944
          Attached Files

Comment

Mar 20 -01 German POW Camp Portrait in Canada
            Attached Files

Comment

Apr 20 - 01 German POW Camp Canada Group Portrait
              Attached Files

Comment

1908 I don't recall for sure but I think he might have said the Red Cross. He still wore a pinkie ring with a typical motif from North Africa but no swastika. Since we did not work on the same shift I only talked with him a couple times and didn't get into any details unfortunately. Can't believe it was 48 years ago.

Comment

Apr 20 - 02 - German Generals & Staff Officers DAK in POW Camp Trent Park UK, Nov 1943
                  Attached Files

Comment

May 20 - 01 WH DAK Uffz POW Portrait...Camp Unknown
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X