CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

doubts regarding a FJ photo: real or reenactors fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doubts regarding a FJ photo: real or reenactors fake?

I bought this picture a while ago and did not really look too closely at it since today. the paper seemed legit and the small size did not let me see well the details. Today I was scanning part of my photo collection and I could notice some details better. What is your opinion ? I cannot really say what seems wrong to me but the faces, the somehow unexperienced way of holding the weapons and the gap of age of the 2 paratroopers in front raise some doubts.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Zeller View Post
    .............. front raise some doubts.

How true. Nice outfits, if re-enactors!
    And....would that big guy really jump out of an airplane??
    ....but maybe it's good?
    did you black light it.
    I haven't been following the latest in paper info, but some one here can tell you based on the paper I think.

Comment

post war print for sure

Reanactors? IMO yes

Comment

A whole wack of these "Para" photos have been dumped into the market as of late (late meaning over the last 2 or 3 years or so), one of the common identifying denominators being the fruity looking fellow in the middle. This time, Mr. Fruit-Loop decided to "Drag" (ha, ha) out his sister (look closely) and grumpy alcoholic neighbour for another money-making photo session.

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Thank you guys for your comments. The scan made it look really fishy and odd but when you have these pics in your hands in a poorly illuminated market they may become quite difficult to spot. It was in a shoe box together with other genuine pics and the size is really small. My assumption is that someone got hooked and later on sell it to the guy from whom I bought it. In another context I would call it pollution
          MIchael, as a matter of curiosity and to learn, can you explain to me why the Agfa-Lupex is post war? Because of the style of the trademark?

PS - I forgot to add that they wear the helmets like total jerks

Comment

So guys tell me, what's the latest on paper?
            Are they still making this? Or is it old paper?
            I think the logo is post war, but what year(ish).
            What year of manufacture does paper start to glow?
            Is anyone making new paper that doesn't glow?
            I know the info is here in the archives of WAF, but if you know the answers please tell here.
            Anyway, the girl on the left(viewers left) is kinda sexy.
            Jp

Comment

Hello John, I have your same questions. What I can add is that doesn't glow.

Comment

Postwar Agfa logo & three clowns...

009.jpg008.jpg

Comment

somebody must have reprinted, mine is smaller and has a different cut. Just to give you the idea of the size :
                  Attached Files

Comment

Notice the image is flipped in the photo. Eagle on the wrong side of the helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
                      Notice the image is flipped in the photo. Eagle on the wrong side of the helmet.
                      you're right, it looks like same negative but flipped, and different composition(framing).

....is this what the three stooges are up to nowadays??

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X