Warning: session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74/sess_7531740ff7d81ca5ca95b7b8ff8922083301cec67904e1ea, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/devwehrmacht/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php74) in /home/devwehrmacht/public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php on line 71 Opinions on a SS Press Photo with script & stamps ! - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on a SS Press Photo with script & stamps !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on a SS Press Photo with script & stamps !

Hi,
    I have a SS press photo with an uncomplete (ripped?) script and 2 Swedish stamps.
    Does anyone saw those stamps before and can you tell me if its a real deal?

I know it's not uncommon that there're no Kriegsberichter’s name on the script, but also the numbering is absent ... ?

All info is welcome

Thanks in advance,
    dEV
    Attached Files

Is this the photo of two brothers serving on a Pak40? I can make out a few of the words, such as Bei der P..." and Langemarck. I've seen the wartime caption of the photo I refer to, and I seem to recall it reading something like this example. If it is the same, the version in Ken Nieman's collection has press agency information, and the name Lindekins (for Flemish Waffen-SS photographer Hugo Lindekins, attached to Brigade Langemarck).

Comment

Hi Marck,
      Thanks for the info.
      Do you know/see if the script and the stamps are genuine?

The front:
      Attached Files

Comment

I'm mostly a researcher, I'm not an expert on authenticity. But it looks to me like a genuine press release photo. I'm not sure what the unusual characteristics you noted signify. It could be a special situation for a Swedish agency, or this particular photo might have been treated in a strange way.

Comment

I think the photo is a good war period press photo
          Jp

Comment

Marc & John,
            Thank you for your reply's.

The reason I started this topic is that I have a lot of 'Flemish SS' photo's but never saw those swedish stamps before.

I also received following pm:
            The scripts and the stamps look fine, i have a few ss and non ss presse photos with the same stamps from the swedish presse agency.

Best regards,

PS: This picture isn't for sale

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X