• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experts for Hitler signature wanted!

Hello all,

i hope there are some experts who can help about this
    photo with signature!
    I could but this card from private with other things!
    the signature should be genuine because of the origin
    but in spite of everything i would be happy about some opinions

kind regards
    Attached Files

details
    Attached Files

Comment

can none else would give a opinion

There was just one collector from the forum who gives a notice to me
      that the signature is genuine

kind regards

Comment

Wait for Mr 'Max History' to show up. It's still the weekend in most places...I'm sure you will get a result.

Comment

IMO, signature is fake

Comment

I'm sorry, but I don't like this example.
            Max.

Comment

i forgot to say:
              if you turn the card you can see a little bit the print through
              the signature.
              The signature made with a pencil!
              it´s hard to believe in a fake because of origin.
              Max can you tell me why don´t you like this,
              another collector said it is genuine!
              Max also per private Mail

thanks burnout

Comment

Several reasons. Angles, postcard, pencil, incorrect character formation, era, gut feeling. A high quality execution, but with one or two major flaws. It leaves me feeling uncomfortable.
                Max.

Comment

thanks for your answer!
                  Max are you sure or is it just a feeling?
                  I think there will be no second chance to get a photo like this from private any more

kind regards

Comment

I like it.
                    Very often he used pencil, as children offered up their pictures clutching nit an expensive pen, but their pencil.
                    I have picked up two having sorted through bundles of them in antique shops in Berchtesgaden....sellers didnt notice the pencil signatures, as they are often only noticible at an angle when the lead catches the light.

Comment

yes i think so too, it is not unusual to sign with a pencil
                      in the past! Especially at war time.
                      The most of middle class just have got pencils!
                      Today I am getting in contact with a big serious dealer here in germany
                      and the experts there already said the signature is genuine.

So it is very difficult of the different opinions!

Should i make another photos?

kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by burnout View Post
                        Today I am getting in contact with a big serious dealer here in germany
                        and the experts there already said the signature is genuine.
                        Of course they would have said that.

Still, it ia what it is - not an original signature by AH. Save your money!

Comment

i think you missunterstanding.
                          this said a serious independent dealer!
                          The seller is someone else, it is a familiy!
                          So why should the dealer tell something wrong.
                          Naxos please tell me the reason why you don´t like it!
                          gladly per mail or private mail

kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by burnout View Post

Naxos please tell me the reason why you don´t like it!
                            gladly per mail or private mail

kind regards
                            pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by Obersalzberg View Post
                              I like it.
                              Very often he used pencil, as children offered up their pictures clutching nit an expensive pen, but their pencil.
                              I have picked up two having sorted through bundles of them in antique shops in Berchtesgaden....sellers didnt notice the pencil signatures, as they are often only noticible at an angle when the lead catches the light.
                              Once again, please post some of your signatures. I would love to see some authentic photo postcards with Hitler signatures. You found two in Berchtesgaden! Unnoticed by the sellers!
                              To suggest that Hitler accepted postcards and pencils from children in order to autograph them is just plain wrong. Hitler was very particular about what he signed, especially photos. His staff carried Hoffmann photographs of him to sign and hand out autographs. I remember reading somewhere that photographs were even sometimes handed out in advance on Hitler's immediate route to enable the press photographers a photo opportunity of Hitler signing autographs. Hitler carried his own fountain pen and in all photos I've seen of him signing autographs, he is using a fountain pen on a photograph. Burnout is correct in stating that pencils were commonly used in that era, but Hitler stopped signing his autograph in pencil long before the sitting for this particular portrait. He resumed the use of pencils later, but only coloured crayons, blue, red and green. The bottom line is that Hitler was very choosey about images of himself he signed and he did not sign postcard photos. Even the late great autograph expert Charles Hamilton makes this point. Pencils are more often used by forgers of Hitler's autograph who are ignorant of his particular preferences and the most frequently found forgeries of his autograph are on photos and postcards.
                              Burnout's example is very skillfully executed, but it does display areas where there are flaws. As previously mentioned, the angle of the lettering in the composition of the signature is also incorrect for a genuine example. Although a little more difficult to tell than from a high quality scan, the digital photos reveal several other faults with the size, the spacing, the cross bars, etc. I must say though, the formation of the "H" is almost perfect, but only almost. There is a major fault with it. It's a very good attempt at a Hitler signature. Good enough to fool the average collector and many dealers. It's certainly one I'd like to have a closer look at.
                              Max.
                              Last edited by max history; 05-21-2012, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X