Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pictures of War merit cross 1 e class holders

Hello,

I would like to see some nice pictures of the War merit cross 1 e class in wear => i have the feeling that many collectors consider this award as a inferior award but it can be hard to find a nice portrait picture of one in wear ( my personal opinion is that you wil have it much easier to encounter a Iron cross 1 e class in wear then that you wil find a War merit cross 1 e class, with or without swords. )

THis picture shows a older Officer ( Infantery Oberleutnant ) who appaearently saw action in both WW's ( his big ribbon bar shows the following : Iron cross 2 nd class 1914 , war merit cross with swords 1939 , unknown award ? => with swords , two long service awards ( without eagle device ? ) and finally the Hindenburg cross with swords device )

The picture size is 17 cm by 23 cm and it is attached on a beautiful made carton with Photographers name : " Alfr. Hirlinger, Stuttgart , Gastenstr. 9 " and it came in by the post today => enjoy

Friendly Greetings ,
    Attached Files
    my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

What a crappy quality enlisted man's ?M41/?M43 (are the pockets pleated, or smooth?) tunic he is wearing!

I think the ribbon bar is: EK2'14, KVK2X, WW1 Hindenburg CrossX, unknown light, unknown light, maybe Austrian WW1 Commemorative medal (which should be after the HCX at this period)

Comment

Crappy uniforms, etc ...

Hello,

Thanks Rick for the fast reply => the last ribbon is for sure the Hindeburg cross !!!!! , so the other 3 ribbons remain somehow mysterious ???? , i wil try to make a better scan and post in in the Imperial forum ( so you imperial guys can enjoy the ribbon bar of a 3 reich person )

This guy must have been proud at his War merit cross ( just my opinion however )

Friendly Greetings,

Comment

tunic

Hello,

O h yes i forgot something => Rick for your information, the pockets on the tunic are plain !!!!!

Greetings,

Comment

Hi Stijn,
          I have at least one Soldbuch where the Officer is wearing the KVK I m/S...I will try and post this later...I am nearly finished faffing about with my new PC...However I have not yet tried the scanner or internet access.
          We will see soon!!!

/Ian
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

At last!!!!!

At last I am back on line with new PC and scanner!
            Attached image of photo and first page of the Soldbuch to Zahlmeister Artur Stock wearing amongst others KVK I m/S.
            Not too hard but what other awards is he wearing?

/Ian
            Attached Files

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Larger image.......
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm no expert on medals but I reckon (from left to right) Long Service, Ostmedaille and Westwall Medal.
                Close or miles away?

Comment

Your right...no expert on medals...two from three! Maybe it's a poor picture but I am realy pleased with the new scanner!
                  XP takes some getting used to though.....
                  /Ian

Comment

Ribbon bar is War Merit Cross 2nd with Xs, 1941/42 East Medal, and 1939 Westwall Medal.

This fellow had a roundabout career path!

Comment

Correct! He served 52 Infanterie Division in France, 299 Infanterie Division also in France and Russia, 356 Infanterie Division in Italy and finally Sturm Bataillon Oberbefehlshaber Südwest again in Italy. Group also came with his Wehrpaß and Reichswehr Militärpaß.
                      /Ian

Comment

Hi,

here are some RAD officers, one is wearing the KVK with swords.

Best greetings

Daniel
                        Attached Files

Comment

Spiess,

Is the RAD officer on the right Martin Eisenbeck by chance?

Regards,
                          Shawn

Comment

Hi Shawn,

I do not know. I got this picture by e-mail from a friend. But the officer is wearing the KVK - Ritterkreuz, so I think, he should be to identify.

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

KVK 1st class

if you watch the movie "Where Eagles Dare" you'll notice Clint wearing one(KVK 1st class) on his tunic..Richard Burton got to wear the EK1 on his...just an FYI for you movie buffs....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X