Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLease LOOK out here..

Hi all,

Just a little...hmm..maybe u can call it warning, but anyway.

I just bought a picture, nice, looks period, of a sani. I bought this from a german dealer on ebay, and now I saw that he have 2 (TWO..!) identical pictures for sale.

I dont know if this can be cheating, but is it not quite unthinkable that someone has a stack of the same pictures..??..

Please look here:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Wehrmacht-San...item231d441101

And here;

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Wehrmacht-San...item231d4411fe

..and I have an identical picture, with Agfa Brovika stamp on the reverse.

Let me hear your opinions..

Hans Kristian

I've had photos where there have been more than one copy.

Usually this is group photos that may have not been distributed to those involved or for family, etc.

Your photo seems a bit odd in my opinion.

Chris.

Comment

Hi,

I have several photograph groupings where duplicates of the same photograph exist.
      One group in particular has eight copies of the same "pass" sized photograph all hand stamped with the professional photographers details on the reverse. Not unusual to find a few copies of the same photograph in large "untouched" batches of an individual soldiers photographs.
      Some collectors sell on these extra images, I prefer to keep them all together to preserve; rather than split an intact grouping.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

From the links you provide, this looks like a photo-post card to me. And unless I am mistaken, if someone has the original negative of a photograph, he can make as many original prints of it as he wants.

Br. James

Comment

I have to say that this looks legitimate to me. There are many German eBay sellers that post a mixture of originals and copies and many that sell only copies.

I picked up a great photo of an SDKFZ only to find the same dealer selling the same picture a week later and another dealer selling the same photo at the same time.

Find the eBay user name and do a search on them in this forum and you get to know the names to avoid, which can save you a few bob.

Another thought is to just ask for your money back if you are not satisfied.
          When I've recieved photo's that i'm not sure about, I've emailed them and said I thought they were copies and have got my money back on both occasions without hesitation.

Regards

Lee

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X