Small ss photo album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small ss photo album

Has anyone seen a WSS photo album like this before? I have seen a nuber of the photos before, Thanks.
    Attached Files

Small ss photo album

More photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Small ss photo album

Some more photos
      Attached Files

Comment

fake album with fake photos

Comment

They are "real photos," not re-enactors.

But assembled. A scan for my book of a photo has as much value as owning the original, but have have seen several before so either original prints or copies.

Comment

The first thing I noticed about the pictures are the lighting and exposures. Obviously professional photographers with good equipment, not snapshots by somebody with a cheap box camera.

That said, I saw no reason to suspect the images were photographed post-war by re-enactors.... they look to be original.

The dates of the prints are the only question, as well as putting them in a small album that says 'SS Memories'.

I've learned on this board that when people say 'fake'- particularly if the person is European- it simply means that an item being offered for sale is not quite what it is implied to be by the seller- they're trying to 'pull the wool over somebody's eyes'. Here in America fake usually means totally forged, using actors...i.e. all the source material to produce it is of recent origin.

I'm like you Mark, I like pictures for the information they convey, so reprints are ok with me as long as they are high quality- but then that also influences the price I would be willing to pay.

By the way, in the first photo with the tank on the muddy road, is the horse lying in the mud dead and frozen stiff, or just lying there looking around at the tanks?

Comment

the photos are post 1945 developed but not fake or made by reenactors! they are original in its own category..they were given or spread within the HIAG organisations. I had the same Photo Series in my collection some years ago.

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for posting, and the comments.
                I wouldn't mind having this little album, even if it could've been made 10-15 years after the War.
                Jp

Comment

A lot of reprinted pictures out there! ...and this album is full of them!

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=607993

Is "HIAG" imply post war?

Comment

HIAG was an organisation created by former SS men to help other SS men postwar. ( SS men did not receive a military pension) Hilfsgemeinschaft auf Gegenseitigkeit der Angehörigen der ehemaligen Waffen-SS (HIAG) = Mutual Help Association of Former Waffen-SS Members

Some of these photos were in photo postcard series during the war, the images are quite recognizable.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X