Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need complete list of DKIG in silver holders

Hi,

as the title says it, i need a complete list of the DKIG in Silber holders. My friend has a "vorläufige Besitzurkunde zum DKIG in Silber", but I didn`t find the holder in Internet.

Hauptmann Hellmuth Kellermann, Küsten-Artillerie-Regiment 972.

Need your help!
    Erich

Not listed in Horst Scheibert's book.
    Jeff

Comment

Not listed on the Ordensträger.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

If you (or your friend) posts a good image of the item in question people will be able to help in determining its authenticity - although as he isn't listed it isn't looking good.

Comment

HKAR 972 was based in Norway and i think it highly unlikely, but not impossible. If it were genuine then i'd expect it to be a late war award, ie. 1945. Several senior officers higher up connected with the defences, construction and supply system in Norway got the DKiS.

By the way, it's abbreviated as DKiS. DKiG refers to the German cross in gold.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
              HKAR 972 was based in Norway and i think it highly unlikely, but not impossible. If it were genuine then i'd expect it to be a late war award, ie. 1945. Several senior officers higher up connected with the defences, construction and supply system in Norway got the DKiS.

By the way, it's abbreviated as DKiS. DKiG refers to the German cross in gold.

Yeah sorry!

Comment

Mark Yerger has established that a number of DKiS awardees have not been properly listed. This is per the research and comments in his book German Cross in Silver Holders of the SS and Police. I wouldn't be surrised to find that other DKiS winners from non-SS or Police branches of service have also been overlooked.

One aside, for those interested in the DKiS, the early career of Joachim Tiburtius has been identified. He won the DKiS as the Ib of the III. (germanisches) SS-Panzerkorps, but wasn't a career SS man. In 1942, he was a Heer Leutnant der Reserve, who was on the staff of the LVII. Panzerkorps. He was one of the officers Joachim Ziegler brought with him, when setting up the staff of the new corps in 1943, along with Helmut von Vollard-Bockelberg and Jürgen von Bock (who both won the DKiG at the new formation). There is no indication that Tiburtius was ever a recognized member of the German General Staff ("i.G.") like Ziegler, von Vollard-Bockelberg, and von Bock.

Comment

He is not listed in Patzwall/Scherzer's book 'Das Deutsche Kreuz'

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X