Hitler Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler Photo

My first private photo of Hitler. It looks like a SA rally. Any ideas of the year?
    Stan
    Attached Files

When did Hitler begin wearing that style uniform without the belt? Around 1936 or so?

Comment

Addie

IMO this is a very early photo. Look at the early style brassard and uniforms. IMO pre 1933.

Mike W

Comment

Not with the jacket he's wearing, I'd guess that it's post 33, but before he wore the Gold Party badge. I don't recall seeing him in an "official" photo without a belt, so this is very interesting.

Comment

I wonder whether there's a clue to the approximate date in the other uniforms in this photo? "Coffee can-style" kepis without color tops date from between 1929 and 1933 in Germany, when I believe the color tops came in for all ranks. No color tops here. But what about the uniforms? The person just to Hitler's right does not appear to be wearing a brassard, nor does anyone but Hitler in this photo, and those are certainly not the standard SA Traditions Brown Shirts in wear, either. Could this photo have been taken somewhere in Austria when the Party was banned there? Very interesting!

Br. James

Comment

Addie

Also he looks heavy in his weight. IMO after 33 he lost weight and appeared slimmer. I agree this is the first photo I have seen where he is not wearing a belt / shoulder strap. The Brassard and the other uniforms suggest early SA, IMO.

Mike

Comment

At the 1936 Olympics he was seen on many event days without the belt. More and more he began to make speeches and indoor appearances in public without the belt, but almost always put it on when it was time to go or leave. It became a 'traveling belt'.

Around '38 or '39 he switched to the beltless double-breasted uniform, then once war broke out he switched to a military tunic.
              Last edited by randy@treadways; 05-03-2012, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Many Thanks for all of your input. Indeed the information is food for thought. I hope to find out more about this photo, I love to do research.
                Stan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X