photo of hitler,berlin june 1938

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

photo of hitler,berlin june 1938

here is a original photo of hitler taken in berlin,june 1938,any info of where the photo was taken or event,or whos with hitler,i know its a bit of a long shot,cheers.
    Attached Files

One possibility- on June 14, 1938 Hitler made a speech at the cornerstone laying for the new German House of Tourism on Potsdamer Strasse.

http://der-fuehrer.org/reden/english/38-06-14.htm
    Last edited by randy@treadways; 05-01-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Are you sure that's Hitler? Looks more like a Gauleiter with collar patches on , Sean

Comment

Here are 2 photos of the cornerstone laying of the "Haus des Fremdenverkehrs" with Hitler in Potsdam - 14. 6. 1938

http://www.google.de/imgres?q=haus+d...70&tx=82&ty=57

http://www.bildarchivaustria.at/Bild...74T4361807.jpg

Gerdan

Comment

photo

Nice photos Gerdan !

Mike

Comment

I'm leaning toward Sean's suggestion- it doesn't really look like Hitler at all. Plus I can't match anything with those two known pictures at Potsdamer Strasse.

So... I'd say it's a June '38 photo of some other construction ceremony in the Berlin area. There was plenty of construction going on in those days.

Comment

i can just make out what looks like a ek and a party or wound badge on the jacket and what looks like a tash below the nose,when i zoom in ?

Comment

here is anouther photo taken by the same person at anouther event,which says hitler on the reverse,any ideas.
                Attached Files

Comment

Even if he has a tash, he has collar tabs on his jacket, Hitler did not, IMO not Hitler but a party leader, Sean

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
                    Even if he has a tash, he has collar tabs on his jacket, Hitler did not, IMO not Hitler but a party leader, Sean
                    i see the tabs,ah never mind,cheers everyone for your help.

Comment

In the second photo it's probably Hitler in the second car- it and the car or two behind it are the big Mercedes G4 three-axle limos- but it's too far away to identify Hitler- he's sitting down behind the windshield.

Comment

I think Hitler took this with his cell phone....

Comment

In the first photo there are five banners displayed across the building in the background, and the banner in the center doesn't appear to have a swas in the white disc. Can anyone make out what that symbol is, and if so, that may hold a clue as to the event.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X