X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe KC Winner Amputee

In his hands he holds an M43 Cap
    Attached Files

Major Wilhelm Weissberg, Rk 24.10.44 as commander of I./Flak Rgt. 25 for actions in halting a Soviet armoured attack 6th and 7th Oct. 1944 near Gyoma on the eastern front during which he was heavily wounded.

The flak he commanded managed to hold up the Soviet advance for about 30 hours allowing a defensive line to be established further back.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Was this one of those flak units that was turned into an anti-tank gun unit?

Comment

All German flak units were regarded as dual purpose so we can't really say 'turned into'. A flak battery could be tasked with an air defence role one day, then a ground role the next and back to air defence the day after. The Germans had the foresight to equip all their flak guns with sights and ammunition for air and ground work.

The vast majorty of flak RK holders were for ground operations, mostly anti-tank work.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Just a few days ago we saw that photo of a flak gun with a bunch of tank and aircraft 'kill's' painted on the barrel. Supposedly the most of all flak guns.

Comment

Great work Simon , where did you obtain the information to reply so quickly.

Peter

Comment

The best resource (though incomplete) on RKT by far is the massive work published by biblio verlag 'Die ritterkreuzträger: 1939-1945' there are two volumes on the RKT of the Flak which includes the Flak of all four services.

Comment

I really find that woman very attractive ,someone out of a Wagner Opera

Comment

Originally posted by krim4142 View Post
                  I really find that woman very attractive ,someone out of a Wagner Opera
                  Is it those "come hither knee high socks" or the dainty footwear that does it for you?

Comment

Originally posted by nick-j View Post
                    Is it those "come hither knee high socks" or the dainty footwear that does it for you?
                    Each to their own tastes, I guess

There is a joke involving "going out and getting legless and coming home with a girl in knee-high socks" just dying to be made here...

Comment

Was this the guy who single handedly loaded and fired the gun himself after his entire crew died - I hear he stayed at his station for like a whole day and night

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
                        The best resource (though incomplete) on RKT by far is the massive work published by biblio verlag 'Die ritterkreuzträger: 1939-1945' there are two volumes on the RKT of the Flak which includes the Flak of all four services.
                        'Die ritterkreuzträger: 1939-1945' is a really excellent resource:

http://www.ritterkreuztraeger-1939-4...-Luftwaffe.htm
                        Last edited by Exile; 05-02-2012, 06:10 AM.

Comment

I'm just attracted to women with her type of body.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by krim4142 View Post
                            I'm just attracted to women with her type of body.

Peter
                            It's the boots with the rolled down socks that do it for me

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X