8.8 cm "King of Kills"....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Mike.

There is an increase in 'kills' on the second picture. Look at each of the markings. All apart from the bunker have more strikes.

The time span of what I assume is summer to winter would fit.

The General Assult badge was awarded to non-infantry personnel for taking part in an assult, i.e. pioneers, drivers, etc.

The Luftwaffe planes showing badges sound very interesting. (I presumme these would be Stukas?).

Chris.

Comment

Possibly France for bunkers destroyed. During Barbarossa there was also the Stalin Line which was well covered with bunkers of all types that were taken out by various means.

Interestingly I have a doc group plus photos that belonged to an Uffz. in Heers Flak Abt. 278. They used 8.8 flak guns. From the photos the Uffz's gun crew were very successful while in Russia. Along with tank and airplane kills the photos show his gun with more bunker kill rings on the barrel than Hunds example. Later he was transfered to the 15th Pz Grenadier Division in Italy.
      Last edited by Edward; 05-01-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

How is the muzzle on that thing covered? It looks solid... (fully realizing I know nothing about these things).

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Interestingly the rings themselves also appear to be some type of shortened variation rather than the usually seen longer rings.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X