Third Reich "Celebrity" - Please Help ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Reich "Celebrity" - Please Help ID

I've had this photo for some years and presumably the person at the centre is of some importance. Any idea who he is please?

The reverse of the photo indicates that it was taken on May Day.

Thanks for looking.

Best,
    Toby.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by TobyR View Post
    The reverse of the photo indicates that it was taken on May Day.
    The caption says something about "Blätter", so presumably this guy is just handing out flyers to an eager crowd.

Comment

Now that you've pointed it out, it would appear he's handing out leaflets.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

I read the text:

" 1. Mai in Osterode 1936. Derigent verteilt Blätter zum Singen. Bin dabei "

1. May in Osterode. The conductor distribuits single sheets suitable for singing. I am
        personally.

Gerdan

Comment

It is after the premier of a piece during an open air concert and the conductor is giving away his sheet music.

A tradition in some festivals back in the day. Not sure if any do it now but I remember reading about events like this.

Comment

Party member

Could it be that this is a party member handing out leaflets?? Although not dressed in uniform? Just a thought. Interesting photo

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
              I read the text:

" 1. Mai in Osterode 1936. Derigent verteilt Blätter zum Singen. Bin dabei "

1. May in Osterode. The conductor distribuits single sheets suitable for singing. I am
              personally.

Gerdan
              Hi Gerdan, you were faster with the interpretation of the writing ... ;-) ... I was just about to do it when I saw your's ... funny, I was in Osterode am Harz only last week ... Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Hi Torsten,

I also have been in Osterode (and Goslar) for some times. In Osterode I met an old friend a General Mayor (ret.) of the US AIR FORCE: Gen.Maj. Dolny. He lives in Osterode.

Cheers, Gerdan

Comment

Thanks for all the help with this. Gerdan's answer makes perfect sense.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X