Luftwaffe with kriegsmarine awards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe with kriegsmarine awards.

Luftwaffe with kriegsmarine awards minesweeper and destroyer.

I've a feeling this isn't a wartime photo and he isn't in the wehrmacht.

No breast eagle and awards on the wrong side.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Well think the photographer made ​​a mistake in the development room.
      That could be explain the awards on the wrong breast.?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin grootaers View Post
        Well think the photographer made ​​a mistake in the development room.
        That could be explain the awards on the wrong breast.?
        Kevin,

Yes you are right about that, the man's jacket is now closed to the wrong side (women-version).
        So the development was done with the wrong side of the negative up under the lamp on the photo paper.
        Destroyer sails in the wrong direction.

yours friendly

Eric-Jan

Comment

good point, but there's still no breast eagle
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
            good point, but there's still no breast eagle
            Many luftwaffe members didn't have breast eagles ..

Think that the pic is ok, wrong development though.

Have seen pics with luft members wearing navy badges and navy members wearing luft badges .., both worked close together, rescue of shot down pilots at sea, pilots on the big ships which had planes aboard, destroying sea mines with planes etc..

Jos.

Comment

pic is fine, just reversed printed is all. Eric-Jan has explained perfectly how this mistake was often made. I believe I also have a Luft pics without breast eagle, post 1940 of course
              Last edited by 12thPanzer; 04-24-2012, 07:17 PM.

Comment

I cannot comment on the originality of the photo.

This is a darkroom mistake though.Back when i was in the photo buisness this was refered to as a print made from a "flipped" negative.In other words the negative was placed in the enlarger with the emulsion side up.

This is how it should look.

regards,Martin.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great pic
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Here is a similar photo,minus the Destroyer badge.

A member of a "Mausi" unit wearing a Deumer Minesweeper badge.These Luftwaffe flyers were involved in Minesweeping operations flying modified Ju 52's and were therefore eligible for the KM Minesweeper badge.

Regards,Martin.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Guys, i know full well that LW personnel onboard capital ships could qualify for the HSF and the crews of the minesweeping Ju.52s the minesweepers badge. We're seeing neither of those here, i'm not suggesting in any way that the image is fake but that it could well have been taken post-8 may '45, i didn't notice that the image had been flipped at first so someone dressing up can be discounted. We can't see any LW qualification badges though there could be one lower down. Perhaps a transfer from the KM to the LW, but from what we see there's no indication that he's flying personnel or that he earned those badges whilst with the LW.

Comment

I have seen this pic before. Unfortunately I can not remember where. I believe it is a wartime scene. As for the lack of Luft badges, who says it is flying personnel? He could be signals or something else that does not have a luft qualifying badge.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X