Need help with unknown unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with unknown unit

I need help with this unkown unit (see the attached picture).
    1.Kompanie, 532 Bataillon, 855 Regiment.
    The document is dated 1945.

The strange thing is that there is no branch designation (Infanterie, Pionier, Panzer, Artillerie, etc.) before the word "Bataillon" and "Regiment".
    It could be a post-war unit as he has some cash withdraws later in 1945 in his Soldbuch from the same "Bataillon 532".

This soldier was a student engineer before the war, and in the war he was a trained Pionier Leutnant (but commanded a Volksgrenadier radfahr zug in the Ardennes).

Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
    Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
    My website: Gotrick.nl

This is indeed a post-war unit. I do not have any detailled information about how this worked after the war, but apparantly they were divided in units with which they marched back to Germany.

I have some examples too.

Comment

Thanks for your reply!

That seems logical.
      So this is some sort of Allied controled "German" unit?
      Is this something of the Americans/Brits only or also done by the Russians?

This Leutnant got wounded in the Ardennes and was released from the hospital in April 1945.
      I´m not sure if he made it back to his old unit before ending up in this Post-war unit.

Can you maybe show an example of yours?
      And what was the last normal German unit of the soldiers in your examples?
      Maybe they came from the same area.
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X