Marseille Hoffmann postcard info, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marseille Hoffmann postcard info, please

Hi - I have 2 Hoffmann #R 38 of "Oberleutnant" (H J) Marseille. On one of them they spelled his name correctly. On the other one they mis-spelled his name "MARSAEILLE". My question is does anyone know when and how long the mis-spelled version was printed? Thanks.

NOBODY has an opinion? Or nobody collects Hoffmann cards except me?

Comment

up

Comment

It was a mistake done by the Hoffmann studio.
        Just a mistake in the writing.
        It happens.
        There is no info how long the wrong version has been published.

Comment

I've long thought it would be a gold mine discovery if somebody could come up with the printing records of the Hoffmann business, but apparently all that was found in various studios scattered around major cities were the photos (and negatives) themselves. The Americans carted away the contents from the Munich and Vienna offices (and those offices were targeted beforehand for quick security by officials before individual allied soldiers could rip it off piecemeal). It was thought that the photo archives might be useful for evidence in the trials of bigwig Nazis.

However.... Hoffmann was convicted in the German Nazi profiteering trials, so one would think the prosecutors were able to find *something* as evidence in the form of office records. Maybe it's now deep in the Bundesarchiv in the criminal trials section.

Lots of interesting historical tidbits could be in those records. For instance- how much did Hoffmann pay Eva Braun each week when she worked in his Munich office?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X