Interessting doc group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interessting doc group

I wanna show this nice document group I think.

Its the WB in silver, IC2 and IC1.

Interessting is, that at the backside of the IC1 doc is write, why the soldier take this award.....fight infos and more.

Comments welcome

Regards Rise
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Great little set! Not often you see that on an EK2, much less an EK1!

best
      Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Also interesting is that he was heavily wounded and received the Silver Wound Badge so I guess it was amputated or a severe injure that prevent him for returning combat, but he recovered or due his skills or capacities was called again to the frontline and won the EK I.

Do you have tanslated what says in the back of the citation?

Angel
        Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

I also would be interested in the translation of the hand written note! Great group IMO!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post
            Also interesting is that he was heavily wounded and received the Silver Wound Badge so I guess it was amputated or a severe injure that prevent him for returning combat, but he recovered or due his skills or capacities was called again to the frontline and won the EK I.
            From what I can decipher, it seems the EK1 was awarded for his actions on 15.7.1941, so he did not return to action. Looking closer, I can see that the heading mentions a "nachträglich Verleihung" (retroactive bestowal).

What a great bonus to have this on the back. Without it, I dare say most of us would also assume that he went back into action and earned the EK1.

Jason

Comment

At the bottom it also notes he should have the Inf Sturm Abz Silber.

best
              hank
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                At the bottom it also notes he should have the Inf Sturm Abz Silber.
                best
                hank

Youre right, good eye Hank! Nice doc group Rise....I look forward to the translation

Comment

Thanks for all the coments :-)

I can only translate a part of this because all the old letters I cant read. But I have post the doc in another german forum for the correct translate.

I can read that the soldier Fritz take the Ek1 for the action in zwiahel at the 15.07.1941.

He and his group fight against a hard enemy line. under heavy enemy fire he destroy an MG nest "so I translate this part....I hope thats correct"

When I have the complete translation I will give information here :-)

Regards Ronnie

Comment

Nice grouping. The writing on the back gives an extra touch to it!
                    When it's translated please post it here.

KR.
                    Rik

Comment

What an awesome group!! The date on the reverse of the EK1 doc matches the date of the wound. The EK2 is the standard "wound" EK given out on Wehrkreis level. The exceptional thing here is not only did his unit make sure he got the higher grade award, they processed it a year and half later!!

This is a group I would be very happy to have in my collection.

Comment

häää...man kann die alte Schrift nicht?????

Here is the translation.:

During the attack on Stara Luka (?) on 15.7.41 Unteroffizier Fritz and his group had the task of securing flanks during the course of the attack. This important “Auftrag” was carried out in the shortest period of time exemplary (vorbildlich). Later Frtiz, another Gruppenführer along with an MG Schütze suffered Kopfschüsse (head wounds) . Despite the enemy (fdl. = feindliche)…..(can read) he (Fritz)….came across an MG whose crew (Bedienung) was crew (ausgefallen)…and fired so precise (with this [captured??] MG that the enemy counterattack in the front segment came to a stand still. (zusammenbrach). In the course of battle on the same day Fritz was wounded again.

Fritz already has the EK 2, ISA in Silber and VWA in Silver….

Nice group to the 299. ID.

Erich

Comment

Erich - Thanks so much for the translation. I'm very pleased that these citations have landed in New York. I have several examples of EK citations that include explanations for the recipient's actions but have never seen an example like this where the details were included so long after the actions.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X