book on adolf hitler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

book on adolf hitler

anyone come across one of these before,different as the pics are not printed on the pages they have been put in separately......going to have to learn to read german i think.
    Attached Files

more pics

a few more pics
    Attached Files

Comment

http://www.booklooker.de/app/detail....hID=1016042101

http://www.booklooker.de/app/detail....hID=1016042100

http://www.booklooker.de/app/detail....hID=1016049950

Gerdan

Comment

Dear graeme,

As illustrated by Gerdan, you have a fairly common cigarette card album depicting the relationship of Adolf Hitler to his party, the military and the German people. Published in 1936 and featuring photos provided by Heinrich Hoffmann, this is one of a number of cigarette card albums published to tell the story of different facets of life in Germany both during the Third Reich and earlier historic periods...and more importantly, to sell cigarettes! Enjoy the book!

Br. James

Comment

As stated above, while this is a common title but it went through many printings and there are several changes some of which are not so common. So there is much more to this title than meets the eye at first blush.

As the fortunes rose and fell of some of the leading lights of NS Germany, you will see images come and go with accompanying captions changing or not.

Blomberg comes and goes. Hess is truly the one to watch. One image will show Hess by the steps of the Feldherrnhalle, the the next he's missing from the same image but the caption still lists him, then a later example of the same image has Hess missing still, but the caption has been updated.

Another image of Hess at a meeting has the same decontruction.

Managing history by a regime is no easy task.

When buyiing this title I always want to know what part of the 2.4+ million copies printed I'm buying. An interesting study of this long print run is certainly possible.

Ramon

Comment

Yes, but the fact remains that all the reprints are commonly available and the book, no matter which edition, is not worth a great deal.
            Max.

Comment

Max remains the master of the obvious. I was pointing out one of the delights of most collectors is nuance. Even the commonest of the things we love to collect can offer up varieties that are unseen to those who don't know or don't care to see. My apparent mistake was taking a moment to sum up a bit of what I know about this title. Shame on me.

Ramon
              Last edited by ramon; 04-18-2012, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ramon View Post
                Max remains the master of the obvious. I was pointing out one of the delights of most collectors is nuance. Even the commonest of the things we love to collect can offer up varieties that are unseen to those who don't know or don't care to see. My apparent mistake was taking a moment to sum up a bit of what I know about this title. Shame on me.

Ramon
                Yes, shame on you for your immaturity. I was just trying to guide the thread back to the question asked at the beginning. And if anything, you were stating the obvious. Can we now please return to the business of the thread instead of throwing our teddy bears around?
                Graeme, as most people have pointed out, these books are very well known and are extremely common. They do, however, provide a good photographic insight into the propaganda surrounding Hitler.
                Max.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who posted,it doesn't matter too much to me if it is a common piece it's still a peice of history to me and as such it's a great peice to add to my collection,once again thanks to all for the info

Comment

Well, excuse me...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X