Huge prices for nice panzer photos on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge prices for nice panzer photos on Ebay

Have a look at these really nice photos that were just sold on Ebay. I was watching them with an intent to bid, but the prices were above my limit hours before the auction ended.

Jason

First one sold for EUR 289,80
    Second one for EUR 476,00
    Attached Files

More...

Second one for EUR 256,00
    Attached Files

Comment

More...

Second one for EUR 346,55
      Attached Files

Comment

More...

First one sold for EUR 456,55
        Second one for EUR 256,50
        Attached Files

Comment

Jason, what is the first tank? Looks something like a British Crusader tank.

Comment

All these panzers belong to Panzer-Abteilung 100, a unit equipped with the Panzer II Flamingo flamethrower, standard Panzer II and a couple of Panzer III. I have studied this unit a little but did not know they also fielded captured British tanks, so it was really exciting to see these photos.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
              Jason, what is the first tank? Looks something like a British Crusader tank.
              Yes, I think it's a Crusader, hence the astronomical selling price.

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
                Yes, I think it's a Crusader, hence the astronomical selling price.
                Maybe abandoned by the BEF during the France 1940 campaign and taken on inventory?

Comment

These photos were taken on the eve of Barbarossa. This panzer unit was the forerunner to Panzer-Abteiung GD. There were about another hundred photos of Pz.Abt.100 from the same seller (renowned album-wrecker "3...2...1...dankesehr"). There was spirited bidding from a few people but it appears Sudek13 got most of those shown above.

Jason

Comment

'Panzer-Abteilung 100'??

That explains the price. Really interesting I always read that '100' was made up of 'Ex-French' tanks?

I will have to have a look in a few book on GD I have.

Comment

Originally posted by byterock View Post
                      'Panzer-Abteilung 100'??

That explains the price. Really interesting I always read that '100' was made up of 'Ex-French' tanks?

I will have to have a look in a few book on GD I have.

Byterock, I also thought they utilized french tanks. But Its tough to find info online sometimes, as refernces confuse the unit wth Pz ersatz Abt 100, which used french tanks. I also found it very interesting to see the British tanks in use. Great photos

sudek13 again!
                      Last edited by 12thPanzer; 04-15-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X