Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions needed on Urkunden

Hi guys,

What's everyone's opinion on these two Urkunden? One was sold many months ago, the other recently. The handwriting and stamp are the same stamp, but I am confused why one is stamped with the "Oberstabsarzt u-Kommandeur" and the other is not, even though both have the same date. Also, the signatures – supposedly to the same man – look different.

Thanks
    Jason

- - -
    Attached Files

In my opinion both are crude fakes, look Mehr as number of the wounds received, citing Stalingrad as the place where he was wounded, the stamp and the overall look of the citations, I don't want them for my collection.

I think he tried to make something for the Stalingrad collectors so he enriched the citation adding the name of the city to them and using a bogus stamp with a common signature for the wound badges that will make dificult to check.

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

I saw the second document on M321 (along with the EK doc listed by the same seller) and thought the style looked familiar. I'm so glad you posted that other one, Jason. I'm very skeptical of these documents but am not ready to say they are 100% fake. The inconsistent signature is alarming and the fact that we now know of two of them makes it even more worrisome. The stamp is very stange and I agree with Angel that "mehr" is odd but I'm still on the fence.

Comment

Both cheap fakes,dated both 13th march and the doc uses 2 different inks and 2 different signatures on same day?Look on the ink of the writing.....happens when you mix ink with water for the age faded look.Stamp is fantasy.
        Crap

Comment

Thanks for the opinions guys.

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
          I saw the second document on M321 (along with the EK doc listed by the same seller) and thought the style looked familiar. I'm so glad you posted that other one, Jason.
          I felt the same way. I knew I'd seen the stamp somewhere before, and it took me some time to search through my digital archive before I found it. The Pz.Abt.103 Urkunde was sold by Weitze, but I didn't buy it. I looked at it a couple of times but something just didn't feel right. I was therefore interested to see whether this new one confirmed my suspicions.

Thanks to all.

Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X