Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitler signature

Hello all

I'm trying to source an Adolf Hitler signature.
    As I'm sure you're all aware it's a very difficult area to collect as it seems by their nature fake signatures often look spot on and I'm sure real ones can look different to known originals and could be delared fake- I know my signatures look different due to to various things like the paper written on or the pen used, if my hands are cold or sweaty, if I'm in a hurry or even what mood I'm in.
    Due to the difficulties in being able to be 100% sure about the authenticity of a signed photo or card I'm now thinking it would be best to restrict my search to signed award documents.
    My questions are..
    Where is the best place to look for a unquestionable example with excellent provenance ?
    Is Wolfe Hardin my best option ?
    And if so what sort of money should I expect to be spending ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

I would wait till there is a good one up on the estand. They are terribly hard to buy as they are not rare but faked often.

The self policing of the estand helps considerably. There is an example for sale at the moment but it has been determined as likely to be a forgery;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=hitler

Check the estand often and wait for the next one, have it held pending an opinion and then link it, wait for the approval pending sale.

When I was looking two years ago I budgeted around $1500US for a nice example, but scored one for much less on the estand.

Comment

Thanks for your help and advice robs.
      I have already been looking for some time now and have been following the developments on the thread you posted but I want an example that has absolutely no questions at all about it for which I accept I'll have to and am prepared to pay a hefty price.

Comment

What about this one ?

http://www.autographcollection.co.uk...lay-3703-p.asp

Im not really seeking opinions on the signature (although they would be most welcome) for reasons stated in my first post, I'm more interested to know if anyone knows if the story could be correct ?
        That is did AH attend an engagement where he might have been in a situation to present a bunch of flowers to Heidi Hopfner (who my research has confirmed was a dancer at the '36 Olympics) on or around this date ?
        Also has anybody encountered a signed and dated card that was attached to a gift before ? Was this normal ?

Comment

Originally posted by robs View Post
          I would wait till there is a good one up on the estand. They are terribly hard to buy as they are not rare but faked often.

The self policing of the estand helps considerably. There is an example for sale at the moment but it has been determined as likely to be a forgery;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=hitler

Check the estand often and wait for the next one, have it held pending an opinion and then link it, wait for the approval pending sale.

When I was looking two years ago I budgeted around $1500US for a nice example, but scored one for much less on the estand.
          Its for interess that the Hitler signature is a fake and also the Himmler!

Comment

Hopfner was one of five ballerinas (representing the five-color Olympic rings) who performed in the closing ceremonies at the Winter Olympics in Garmisch in February 1936. Hitler was present at the Opening Ceremonies. He may have been there at the closing ceremonies as well.

Comment

Originally posted by frankandfrank View Post
              Its for interess that the Hitler signature is a fake and also the Himmler!
              Ralf is correct. Both are fakes.
              Max.

Comment

Thank you for your reply randy@treadways, that was very informative.
                I should have perhaps been a bit more precise in my post - when I asked if AH might have been in a situation to make a presentation to Heidi Hopfner I meant on the date on the signed card - the 4th March 1939.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
                  Thank you for your reply randy@treadways, that was very informative.
                  I should have perhaps been a bit more precise in my post - when I asked if AH might have been in a situation to make a presentation to Heidi Hopfner I meant on the date on the signed card - the 4th March 1939.
                  The signature offered for sale by Autograph Collection is authentic in my opinion. However, it is only a clipped signature with date, professionally mounted/framed and the price is nothing short of breathtaking.
                  Max.

Comment

Thanks for the reply max history.Very interesting.
                    I would've thought £2000 was about the going retail rate for a mounted Hitler signature with a (albeit) short sentence in Hitlers own hand. I will take your advice and continue my search for a less costly example.
                    Thanks once again.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X