Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doc. Jagdgeschwader zbV 1 and Ausweis

Hello

got this little Grouping today (incl. some photos)

The EKII Doc is glued on the Album page..it had a photo glued on the front of it that I was able to remove.

The yellow Ausweis entitles the pilot to fly the following Planes: Ju-52/3m and Dornier.
    So it seems the pilot was in a Transport Unit..from the photos (that I cannot show rightnow) he was also in the Jagdgeschwader "Richthofen"

Does someone has another example of the yellow Ausweis..I couldnt find another example while looking through the www.

Thanks
    Andreas
    Attached Files

d
    Attached Files

Comment

k
      Attached Files

Comment

I have one from 1939 that is virtually the same, with the same wording and color. The only difference is, it is titled "Flug=Ausweis."
        Jeff

Comment

any Infos to what value you would place on these 2 Docs? thanks

Comment

Nice little set. I also have an EK II citation dated on the same day and for the exact same unit, and likewise signed by Friedrich-Wilhelm Morzik.

Comment

This staffel was involved in the invasion of Norway and lost several ju.52 in April.

If the docs came with the album then they belong with the album.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Here is a Wehrpass entry for an aircrew member of 5./KG zbV 1 for Norway and the Luftlande operation against Holland...

Comment

I also have a similar EK2 document signed by Morzik - it is dated May 12th, but does not have the unit listed. So, it is from K.G.z.b.V. 1, but probably from a different Staffel. I have wondered if it could be for actions in Norway or Holland or both. Based on the WP shown by Hucks, my guess is it is an award for supporting Fall Gelb. What do you guys think? The recipient of this document was also awarded an EK1 on 7. Fliegerdivision level. The document is dated May 28th.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X