WWII German issue press photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII German issue press photos

I've noticed that there have been very few original German press photos showing up on Ebay. Most now are from US news agencies. Is the once abundant supply drying up?

Hello Dan!
    You are right in that there are less and less German press photos showing up for sale, Many have been bought and hoarded away which has made availibility dry up!
    Todd Gylsen has ammassed probably one of the largest collections I know of and his wonderful thread on the subject can be found here in the link below... all manner and subjects! perhaps Todd will chime in here with his thoughts on the matter?
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=press+photo

What subject matter do you collect or seek Dan? Political, military personalities, Combat or?

Best Regards!

Kevin
    Last edited by WEISNER; 04-11-2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I've bought press photos of all kinds. Some nice ones when they were cheap. I now see heavy bidding on the non German press photos, even poor quality wire photos pre 1945 and big prices on many of the German issued photos. These are going the same route as the Civil War CDV cards which also have gone up.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X