Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reenactor?!

Hello, guys.

I need your opinions. Photos themselves are 100% fakes. IMO: 90% reenactor. What do you think about it?

Greetings, Rostyslav.

001.jpg002.jpg

Two more:

003.jpg004.jpg

Comment

Not period!

Comment

Originally posted by IchHattEinenKameraden View Post
        Not period!
        You mean reenactor or you mean that photos themselves are fakes?

Comment

I recall seeing a thread about photos being sold as original when, in fact, they were reenactors in B/W pics. I guess this is the same case.

Carles

Comment

I agree Rostyslav. Very good chance of being re-enactor, but surely 10000% fake

Comment

I know ZERO about period pictures. How do you guys tell these things? I would love to find out.
              Wilhelm

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Harris View Post
                You mean reenactor or you mean that photos themselves are fakes?
                The description of reenactor is to much credit, dressing up and letting someone snapping photos of you is the case here.

I am not sure if these are the same guys that have produced the photos of a "German soldier" standing near a house that is falling apart(same trees could be identified in different photos) but it looks that way.
                The ones i am referring to are discussed multiple times already on here.

Comment

Originally posted by IchHattEinenKameraden View Post
                  I am not sure if these are the same guys that have produced the photos of a "German soldier" standing near a house that is falling apart(same trees could be identified in different photos) but it looks that way.
                  The ones i am referring to are discussed multiple times already on here.
                  The fotos you mention, and the fotos starting this thread, are at the moment for sale at ebay, by the same seller...

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                    The fotos you mention, and the fotos starting this thread, are at the moment for sale at ebay, by the same seller...
                    This seller regularly sells (the same) dubious photos.
                    You can also see the same people on the photos which he sells .
                    Attached Files

Comment

So, reenactor.

And what about this one? It was sold for ~150 € on evilbay few days ago. Exotic photo paper: Agfa Portriga Rapid & big format. I'm confused because of "Kurland" armband...

005.jpg006.jpg

Comment

So, reenactor.

And what about this one? It was sold for ~150 € on evilbay few days ago. Exotic photo paper: Agfa Portriga Rapid & big format. I'm confused because of "Kurland" armband...

[ATTACH]2165593[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2165594[/ATTACH]
                        Here is a link to a site about the Kurland band, perhaps this information can help you. Here you will see a number of photos of soldiers waering both bands (Africa and Kurland).

http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=h...ch&um=1&itbs=1

Comment

So, reenactor.

[ATTACH]2165593[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2165594[/ATTACH]
                          I had the feeling of a 60s portrait made by a "collector". Anyway, feelings or not, I would not touch this photo with a pole.

Comment

Posts #1 & #2 - with new material I assume that they are reenactors for sure! :~)

a.jpgb.jpg

Comment

More:

c.jpgd.jpg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X