No announcement yet.

Soldbuch Officer StuG Brigade 242 - Monte Cassino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops, I wanted to edit the previous posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
      Hi Jason,

I would say that the cover has been replaced....looking at the wounds he was wounded in 1943 and 1945. The last page for leaves is an addition from 1944, however this also does not have a hole through it indicating it was added after "the event".
      So the shrapnel hole (if indeed it is!) was from the 1943 wound.
      It was not uncommon for units to carry "spare" Soldbuch covers....I have some in my collection that clearly had their covers replaced and also some spare covers that have never had any contents or every been stapled.

Regards,
      Ian
      Hi Ian,

Interesting theory, but I'm still perplexed because the final entry on page 12 (Österreicher Lazarett St. Veit a.d.Glon), dated 16 November 1945, looks like it has been punched right through by the "shrapnel".

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
        Hi Ian,

Interesting theory, but I'm still perplexed because the final entry on page 12 (Österreicher Lazarett St. Veit a.d.Glon), dated 16 November 1945, looks like it has been punched right through by the "shrapnel".

Jason
        Well spotted Jason,

I didn't notice that at the time....now I am more confused as the last page, 24a with leaves clearly was inserted around February 1944 and does not have this "shrapnel" hole!?!?!?!?
        However page 8 with an entry from September 1944 does, the hospital entry you mention from 16.11.1945 does, as does the security check entry on page 15 from 1.9.1944!!!!

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Wrong posting, sorry.

Regards
          Last edited by Oberbootsmann; 04-16-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Very nice Soldbuch
            Yeah, the cover has been replaced.
            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

there is nothing wrong with more purchase offers than postings! A very nice Soldbuch with great entries!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X