Operation Ashcan & signatures of top 25 Nazis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operation Ashcan & signatures of top 25 Nazis

I used to have the original signatures of the top 25 Nazis, political & military being held at OPERATION ASHCAN, prior to their being taken to Nuremberg. Goering, Doenitz, Keitel, Jodl, etc. all on 1 big sheet of cardboard. Got it from the nephew of the NCOIC in charge of the prisoners where they were being held incommunicado in France. Also have the complete story of everything that happened there prior to their being moved. Sold it many years ago.
    The vet had died and the wife typed it up as a paper from his diary. I got the signatures the typed summary of what happened there and a copy of his discharge papers. Also had a sword cane that belonged to Goering. The cane had no provenance, so I didn't keep it.
    I would type out the story of what happened there but I am a 1 finger, 2 finger typer & it would take 3 days of hammering away on the keyboard. That ain't going to happen. If someone wants a copy of the manuscript to type it up so that people can read it, let me know. I would like to share the info.
    Will also put a copy of this on the Living History Forum or somewhere further down there.
    Thanx,
    Tim
    Could also do a 8" X 11" copy of the signatures from a negative that I took of it before I sold it. Not sure who 1 or 2 of the guys are.

Sounds like you had quite a haul Tim. A copy of the signatures would be good to see if you could post that. I hope that somebody can assist with the document too, as that would make for an interesting thread on its own.

Regards,

Carl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X