NSKK Book "Das Kraftfahrzeug"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK Book "Das Kraftfahrzeug"

Hi all I picked up this interestign NSKK book recently for only $10. The seller claimed the vet that brought it back was a POW in Germany. Theres a note inside the book from a Bill Bane dated 1963 confirming/claiming this. I still did not belive the story until I translated the German Stamps I have photographed.
    The Stamp with the eagle says German Red Cross Headquarters. Below that it says Training Aid for German Civilian Internees. Now I translated most of the bottom stamp but there are two words which elude me, and any help with translating them would be much appreciated! So what I have been able to make out is Presented by the Technical and Scientific Service Center of the (Ver?i?s) German engineers (?tir) Internees and Prisoners of War. Below that is Berlin, NW7, Engineering headquarters. Now i translated this using google so if theres some errors I wont be surprised. Let me know what you all think also is there any I can check to find more information on Bill Bane(Supposedly the vet that brough this book back)?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

b
      Attached Files

Comment

The book cames from Fort Lincoln and it was owned by the School of Camp

Lincoln (stamp: "Eigentum der Lager Schule Fort Lincoln") which was an Interment Camp during WW2.

The book was a donation of an association of German engineers for German speaking

internees in Camp Lincoln.

The book was sent via German Red Cross to the US and it was declarated as

a "Fortbildungshilfe für deutsche Zivilinternierte" - a help for training of German civil internees in the US.

Gerdan

Comment

Just an addition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Li...nternment_Camp

Gerdan

Comment

I would think that connection makes it far more interesting than just a book brought back from Germany.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
              The book cames from Fort Lincoln and it was owned by the School of Camp

Lincoln (stamp: "Eigentum der Lager Schule Fort Lincoln") which was an Interment Camp during WW2.

The book was a donation of an association of German engineers for German speaking

internees in Camp Lincoln.

The book was sent via German Red Cross to the US and it was declarated as

a "Fortbildungshilfe für deutsche Zivilinternierte" - a help for training of German civil internees in the US.

Gerdan
              Wow thank you very much!

And Simon I agree its much more than just a book brought back from Germany. I just wanted to confirm this before I got excited

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X