Panzer Abwehr Tactical Marking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer Abwehr Tactical Marking?

Got this along with 13 other awesome photos and a KM coastal artillery eagle today at a flee market.
    I thought it was quite a nice photo of tactical markings, and was wondering if my assumption of anti-tank unit is correct.
    Any help appreciated!
    Attached Files

Hi Karl

You are correct. The tactical marking is for Panzerabwehrzug.
    The "ST" would indicate that the car belongs to a Stabskompanie.
    However numberplate is civilian not Heer. "IIB" is Oberbayern-registered civilian number.

Larrister
    Last edited by Larrister; 07-18-2004, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks Larrister!
      Do you believe this is the officer's personal automobile, and he put his unit's markings on it?

Comment

Originally posted by dunkirchen1940
        Thanks Larrister!
        Do you believe this is the officer's personal automobile, and he put his unit's markings on it?
        Hi Karl

It is quite possible that the car belongs to the officer. However the Wehrmacht did comandeer a lot of civilian vehicles during the war.
        If you look underneath the Panzerabwehrzug symbol you will notice the faint
        outline of another symbol (same as one above it) which has been painted over and the new symbol stenciled above.

Larrister

Comment

I see that now, Larrister!
          Very Cool!
          I wonder if it changed to stabskompanie or different unit, thus they changed?

Comment

Yes, it seems it has been changed to Stabskompanie.

Looking at blown-up pic of marking there seems to be a stylised "X" in front of it.
            I can't find any references for this letter. Maybe someone else can help.
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X