Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horten Nurflügelflugzeuge files

Arrived here yesterday.

As an ancestor to the B2 bomber, Ho229 already had stealth capability.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Akira Takiguchi; 03-23-2012, 10:30 PM.

more from file #1
    Attached Files

Comment

From file 2; as you can see from the stamp, these files were microfilmed after the war.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Akira Takiguchi; 03-23-2012, 10:39 PM.

Comment

more from file 2
        Attached Files

Comment

photos from file 2
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello, an excellent grouping. Best, Bill

Comment

Walter Horten

One of the Horten brothers -Walter- flew with III./JG 26 in 1940. He was Technical Officer (T.O.) of the unit. In addition he scored 7 victories. This is a photo with signature from that period.

Comment

What a find!
                Jeff

Comment

In the early 1990's I worked on a research project that took me to Friedrichroda, Thuringia, where Horten had their early workshop. I was there a nearly a month and had the opportunity to visit the Horten facility and was surprised to see that it was very small, about the size of a large three car garage.

A beautiful area, if you ever have the opportunity to go. Nice item, Akira!

Comment

Very rare to see such photographs - thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by MJC View Post
                      In the early 1990's I worked on a research project that took me to Friedrichroda, Thuringia, where Horten had their early workshop. I was there a nearly a month and had the opportunity to visit the Horten facility and was surprised to see that it was very small, about the size of a large three car garage.

A beautiful area, if you ever have the opportunity to go. Nice item, Akira!
                      Hello MJC,

Please tell us where the "Horten facility" in Friedrichroda is.

Regards,
                      Wim.

Comment

Has it been established that the designers of the F-117 Fighter and/or the B-2 Bomber had working knowledge of the Horten brothers and their Ho229 and HoV -- obvious as that may seem?

Br. James

Comment

Wim,

Sorry, I don't have a precise address since this was nearly 20 years ago, but it is a small facility in the city center, not far from the Sanitarium.

As a point of clarification, I may have visited the Gothaer Waggonfabrik facility where the prototypes were developed once the Horten Bros. lost control of the contract. I don't think I knew the difference at the time.

Here is a pic of the Ho229 recently of the NASM Garber Facility.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Stunning !

Comment

Fascinating file very interesting and great images of the a/c.

Jeremy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X