Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intersting items!!

Comment

Another great photo Frank! that was a train with bite! Looks like the crew was well trained by the kill rings!

Kevin

Comment

Adolf was a pretty interesting guy. When his daughter and her husband came over to the States to visit us back in 1995, she brought along a plethora of these photographs to give to me as most all, if not all, of the family still living in Germany really didn't have the interest in this history as I do. Then, when we went over to Germany to visit them in 2007, they showed me his awards, and award documents. They told me at the time that they had some items to give to me which ended up being these Russian-German surrender leaflets, a German full page magazine about Germany's victory in the Polish campaign in 1939, and some full color copies of his Russian Front Medal, and Flak Badge because as she stated, she was not "ready to give the originals up". I can appreciate that! I also received at that time from her, a full color copy of his call up notice, and the center to an original Soviet banner of some sort. It has the hammer and sickle logo crossing over what appears to be a "campfire", and cyrlic writing above the hammer and sickle. I have seen German forces showing one of these flags intact in a reference book, but still have no clue as to what these flags represent.

Respectfully,

Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X