Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper badge?

Hello,

I posted this to the uniform forum, but a member advised me to also post it here...

I was just about to place this photo for sale, but I am curious... can anyone recognize this cufftitle and the sleeve badges? Are these sniper badges? And the cufftitles, are they SS-Polizei Division, SS-Feldgendarmerie or other...

Thank you,

Mark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sniper%27s_Badge

Gerdan

Comment

Ian in the other thread is quite right, they're trade patches, no way are they sniper badges.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
        Ian in the other thread is quite right, they're trade patches, no way are they sniper badges.
        I assume that it is correct... However, I still do not understand why do SS soldiers wear Wehrmacht proficiency badges... was that permitted? Or were these badges for all service branches?

Comment

The one on the right appears to be wearing a Feuerwerker gothic "F" specialty patch (with NCO braid).

Comment

The left one is a little more difficult, perhaps a singals blitz but perhaps also a sanitäter
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

badge

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
              I agree. They are too large.

Nice photo !

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X