Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flakregiment 10 Document Grouping

Hello to all,

Here is a five document grouping that I just won on auction. The document for the Flak Badge is signed by Generalmajor Prinz Heinrich XXXVII von Reuß zu Köstritz (Jüngerer Linie) as Commander of the 18. Flakdivision. (What a mouthful!)

Best regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

1939 EK2 document, signed by Generalmajor Gotthard Frantz, as Deputy Commander of the 12. Flakdivision:

Feldpostnummer is L30431
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

1939 KVK2X document is signed by Generalmajor Job Wilhelm Odebrecht, as the Commander of Air Defense Command 6:
      Attached Files
      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

East Medal document, signed by Oberst Dr. Hermann Stolte, as the Regimental Commander of Flakregiment 10 (mot):
        Attached Files
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Black Wound Badge document, signed by the Major in command of Flakabteilung 643:
          Attached Files
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Very nice group with an early Wound Badge citation and a nice set of signatures.

Comment

Concur, good grouping in pretty decent shape, by all appearances. He's also not listed on the Kriegsgraeber site, so fair chance he survived the war.

Hank
              Last edited by Hank Cummings; 03-12-2012, 10:17 PM. Reason: more info
              Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
              ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks, guys!

These documents are in really nice condition. All of them have punched binder holes but only the Wound Badge document has been folded in half.

Best regards,
                Tom
                Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hi guys,

I just found out that my new document grouping was the subject of a bit of historical vandalism. While researching the recipient's name, I discovered that my document grouping was sold in a auction out of Connecticut in July of 2011. At that time, there was also a 1939 KVK1X document, signed by Generaloberst von Greim, plus a few other miscellaneous papers to Paul Fierenkothen. Apparently, the new owner decided to remove the KVK1X document and the miscellaneous papers from the grouping. I bought the five remaining documents just this month out of a Florida auction. Too bad that groupings like this get parted out.

It appears that Fierenkothen did survive the war as one of the miscellaneous papers shows that he was a POW. Here is some of the additional information that was given in the July 2011 auction listing:
                  "Luftflotte 6, Nov. 23, 1944, an award of the War Service Cross 1st Class with Swords to Oberwachmeister Paul Fierenkothen, a flak gunner. Also present concerning the same soldier: a similar award document signed by the Commander of "Air Defense 6", four other award documents, including an Iron Cross, 2nd Class, a furlough issued to him in Smolensk, a transfer, and a postwar synopsis of his training and service submitted while held as a POW showing that he had participated in the destruction of 24 airplanes and 36 tanks, and was wounded four times."

Here is the grouping before it was vandalized:
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Tom Yanacek; 03-12-2012, 11:05 PM.
                  Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Interesting group, perhaps the other documents were misplaced by the owner or seperated in his collection? May be a good idea (a long shot I know) to contact the 2011 auction house to see if they can contact the person and ask if any other doc's have turned up?
                    Great set and I hope one day the balance of it turns up!

Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X