FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos of Hitler's Munich apartment office?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos of Hitler's Munich apartment office?

Is anyone able to supply/post any images of Hitler's office in his Munich apartment?

I'm trying to place some desk items that were said to have been present there ca. 1935-1940 or so. All I can find are images of hallways, living room, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Bill,
    Nearly all items that came from the Prinzregentenplatz apartment (furniture, fixtures and fittings) were subsequently given provenance by his former housekeeper, Anni Winter. If they don't have her provenance, I'd be very sceptical about them.
    Max.

Comment

This item has provenance from the wife of Hermann Esser. And wasn't his apartment looted by American GIs?

Comment

Photos:
        Attached Files

Comment

more:
          Attached Files

Comment

That picture of Neville Chamberlain- is that really at Hitler's apartment, or is it at the Führerbau office building near the Königsplatz?

Comment

The photo with Chamberlain is inside the apartment at Prinzregentenplatz where Chamberlain got Hitler to sign the famous agreement he later waved to the press at Heston Airport.
              Remarkably, the private apartment was not badly looted as American senior officers quickly seized it. Obviously, things did go missing, but most articles subsequently offered on the market were submitted post-war to Anni Winter for verification that they were genuine items from the apartment. Over the years, there have been lots of things that were purported to have come from the apartment, but without the Winter provenance many dealers and collectors remain sceptical. Hermann's have sold a great deal of apartment material, but it's almost always with provenance from Anni Winter.
              Max.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X