Help with himmler signature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with himmler signature.

I need some help in identifying himmler's signature , real or fake , thanks.

sig

Can you show what it is signed on?

Comment

the signature is in a book , I will post more pictures later...

Comment

From the photo provided, this appears to be a printed signature; I look forward to additional photos.

Unless this signature is being offered for sale as a true "autograph," I would not consider it a "fake" simply because it was printed as part of a book. Many books provide portrait photos of Hitler himself, as well as other leading Nazis, with their signature on the mat below, but unless someone is trying to entice the sale of the book by stating that it is an "autographed copy" -- which would indicate that the person actually signed it -- then I would not consider the presence of a signature to be a "fake" or a misrepresentation of itself.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
          From the photo provided, this appears to be a printed signature; I look forward to additional photos.

Unless this signature is being offered for sale as a true "autograph," I would not consider it a "fake" simply because it was printed as part of a book. Many books provide portrait photos of Hitler himself, as well as other leading Nazis, with their signature on the mat below, but unless someone is trying to entice the sale of the book by stating that it is an "autographed copy" -- which would indicate that the person actually signed it -- then I would not consider the presence of a signature to be a "fake" or a misrepresentation of itself.

Br. James
          It is almost certainly a handwritten ink signature on the flyleaf of a book which I think will be confirmed by better images. One can actually see the faint vertical grain in the cheap paper used in books. Himmler's signature would not be printed on a bare flyleaf.
          Max.

Comment

here another picture.. thanks to all

Comment

As suspected, it's an ink handwritten example on the flyleaf of a book dedicated to Fritz Sauckel. Nice piece. Love the sütterlin dedication, obviously written by another hand.
              Max.

Comment

Thanks for your input, Max. Having now seen the whole page, I can only hope that I would have realized that such an inscription would certainly have required an original autograph. I agree that the the Sütterlin inscription was beautifully executed by a skilled hand.

Can anyone translate this, and may we know the title of the book?

Br. James

Comment

So,, the sütterlin dedication was obviously written by another hand. this meant that himmler never dedicate this book to fritz???

book title-- Auf den konigsstrassen der Inka , INKA SYMBOLS AND HISTORY OF PERU AND SOUTH AMERICAN NORDIC SYMBOLS .
                  Last edited by PANZER332; 03-06-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for providing the book's title -- which is certainly in keeping with Himmler's burning interest in archaeological research as he sought to establish a solid history for the Aryan Race...a fantasy effort that would elude him to his end. I guess we now know that the Gauleiter of Thüringen shared this interest with the RFSS, or at least Himmler thought he did!

As to the writing of the dedication, I think what Max was referring to was/is the common practice of having a skilled calligrapher write the text of an inscription into a book to be given as a gift, and the giver then signs the page. As calligraphy is indeed a skill in the fine arts, most people simply don't possess that talent. Himmler did have a distinctive handwriting style of his own, so perhaps he could have made the effort, but he apparently valued the Sütterlin style enough to want the dedication written that way, and Sütterlin may not have been his strong suit personally! We see versions of this practice regularly, for example, in the case of promotion documents where the name, date and new rank of the individual being promoted will be inked in by a professional calligrapher, and then the document endorsed and signed by those whose power it is to execute it.

Br. James

Comment

Quite often Himmler added his signature to an elaborate handwritten dedication in a book. This dedication for Sauckel was handwritten (probably by a member of Himmler's staff as was the usual practice) at Himmler's request and, once done, Himmler added his signature. Hence, it was a dedication from Himmler, albeit not physically written by him. The signature is a good handwritten example though.
                      Max.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                        Thanks for providing the book's title -- which is certainly in keeping with Himmler's burning interest in archaeological research as he sought to establish a solid history for the Aryan Race...a fantasy effort that would elude him to his end. I guess we now know that the Gauleiter of Thüringen shared this interest with the RFSS, or at least Himmler thought he did!

As to the writing of the dedication, I think what Max was referring to was/is the common practice of having a skilled calligrapher write the text of an inscription into a book to be given as a gift, and the giver then signs the page. As calligraphy is indeed a skill in the fine arts, most people simply don't possess that talent. Himmler did have a distinctive handwriting style of his own, so perhaps he could have made the effort, but he apparently valued the Sütterlin style enough to want the dedication written that way, and Sütterlin may not have been his strong suit personally! We see versions of this practice regularly, for example, in the case of promotion documents where the name, date and new rank of the individual being promoted will be inked in by a professional calligrapher, and then the document endorsed and signed by those whose power it is to execute it.

Br. James

thanksyou james

Comment

Can anyone translate this.... please

Comment

I'd bet der-hase-fee could translate it!

Br. James

Comment

The text:

"SS-Gruppenführer Fritz Sauckel mit meinen herzlichsten Julwünschen, H. Himmler" -

Dedicated to SS-Gruppenführer Fritz Sauckel with my best Jul-wishes, H. Himmler

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X