Agfa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agfa

I really didn't know where to post this. It came in a small lot of WWII-period stuff from a fleamarket. Has anyone seen one like this? Is it possible to judge the period of manufacture?

Mods, please move this thread if there is a more appropriate forum.
    Attached Files
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Looks postwar. The Agfa logo prior to 1945 was officially a horizontal lozenge shape of dark blue with Agfa written in script with white letters. There were variations where the lozenge was also bordered in white. In addition, I have seen an orange lozenge shape with dark blue script but this was normally seen only on some film packs of that time.
    I hope this helps.

seekwhence

Comment

My previous posting was a little too hasty. I should have consulted my research material beforehand. The Agfa logo of pre-1945 (dark blue lozenge shape with white script) carried over after the war until later it was replaced with a red background and white script which is still used today. The white border was also used with the dark blue background both before and after the war, until the red logo was finalized. I don't ever recall seeing a yellow/orange border except in a postwar catalog. I have a prospectus from pre-1945, of the I.G. Farben Corporation (the owner of the Agfa Company) and in it they do not show a logo that looks like yours (having a yellow/orange border). To be honest, I can't really say exactly when your patch was made but I still believe it to be postwar.
      Sorry for the confusion.

seekwhence

Comment

Thank you Seek,

Very interesting information. I appreciate the time you've taken to help.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X